My 3 Favorite Ways To Tie A Scarf!

I really don’t know what I was thinking when I said I would do a video on how to tie a scarf. I need to give you several disclaimers!

• I am not a professional (it’s obvious).
  • I look like I’m very serious, like I’m doing brain surgery or something. I’m just tying a scarf!
  • I use the word tail??
  • I do hit myself in the face with one of the scarfs.

Anyway, it gave my family a good laugh! I tried to explain to them that we women are serious about our scarf tying. They still laughed.

After all my disclaimers, if you still want to know my three favorite ways to tie a scarf or you just want a good laugh~~then watch my very first fashion video! :-)

httpv://youtu.be/UVIc2xfyDg8

Beauty For the Heart~~Have you had a difficult New Year? We can’t live on this earth without dealing with sorrow and pain. This verse is a wonderful reminder to us as christians that a day is coming when all our tears will be wiped away! Hallelujah!

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

• At 2012.01.09 09:01, Bella MIchelle said:

I am late to the scarf craze and still, honestly, on the fence about them. I love the way they look…I just am not crazy about the way they feel when I am wearing them. Thanks for sharing these great tips! Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 12:45, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by Bella! I completely understand, some people just don’t like wearing scarfs.
      Have a great day!

• At 2012.01.09 09:06, Kristin said:

Love your ideas! I’m looking forward to trying them – especially the first and last which are new to me. Aren’t scarves the perfect winter accessory? Although more simplistic, here are a few of my scarf-tying ideas for you that I did last fall: http://kristinsveranda.com/vignettes/2011/10/10/31-days-day-10-a-very-versatile-fall-accessory-the-scarf/

Happy Monday to you!

• At 2012.01.09 12:46, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks for sharing your ideas!! I always love new ideas! Have a great day!

• At 2012.01.09 09:14, Tonya @ Love of Family & Home said:

LOVED your video!! I haven’t tried any of these tying methods! Really like that 3rd one, gonna have to give it a try!

• At 2012.01.09 12:46, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Tonya! Looking forward to seeing your closet!
          Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 09:17, Julie said:

LOVE IT!! I don’t wear scarfs much down here in Florida but my daughters do. Will definitely be showing them your video:)

• At 2012.01.09 12:47, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Julie! Oh my to live in Florida! :-) I’m heading that way in a few weeks for conference in Jacksonville.
            Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 09:29, Myra @ My Blessed Life said:

Great job Cyndi!! I definitely wondered how to do the last scarf, so now I know! :) xo

• At 2012.01.09 12:48, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Myra! I hope your feeling goo and I’m hoping you have a better pregnancy this time.
              Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 09:30, Kathy said:

Nicely, Nicely Done…. And they can laugh all they want… scarves are IMPORTANT!!
              (well, not all that important : ) & a neccessary accessory these days….
              Thanks for sharing

• At 2012.01.09 12:49, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Kathy! I do take my scarf wearing seriously! :-)
                Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 09:42, Kimberly said:

You did a wonderful job…and scarf tying is serious business to us woman! :) Your scarfs are very pretty so it is nice that you add where you have purchased them in addition to how to tie them. Thanks CIndi!

• At 2012.01.09 12:50, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by Kimberly! I never spend a lot of money on my scarfs, you can get too many cute ones cheap!
                  Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 09:47, Jenifer said:

I love the video! I really like the first one example. I’ve done the second one but I always end up changing it because I feel choked. Lol.

It was really nice to put a voice to a face! :)

• At 2012.01.09 12:52, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Jenifer! I definitely have a KY drawl! One syllable words are always two syllables for us! :-)
                    Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 10:09, Autumn said:

HI CYNDI,
                    I LIVE IN TEXAS SO WE DON’T GET TO WEAR WINTER GEAR OFTEN BUT MY DAUGHTER GOT A SCARF FOR HER BIRTHDAY. I TIED IT ON HER AND IT WAS SO BAD SHE REFUSED TO WEAR IT (SHE’S 8)!LOL SO AFTER WATCHING THIS I THINK I’LL GIVE IT ANOTHER GO! THANKS FOR THE INSPERATION AND INSTRUCTIONS! BTW- I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND LOVE FOR JESUS! I THINK YOUR VLOG WAS GREAT! ALSO, I TOOK YOUR SURVEY AND SAW WHERE YOU SAID YOU WISHED YOU HAD ASKED OUR AGES SO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I’M 30.

• At 2012.01.09 12:53, cyndi spivey said:

Hi Autumn! So glad you stopped by! Thanks for letting me know your age and for your encouragement. The 30′s are a great age so enjoy them!
                      Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 10:24, Teri Lynne Underwood said:

LOVE it, Cyndi!! You were awesome. Can’t wait to see more Fashion videos.

• At 2012.01.09 12:54, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Teri! Looking forward to your new start to 2012!
                        Happy Monday!

• At 2012.01.09 10:44, Debra @ Bungalow said:

I love a pretty scarf and will definitely try # 3. I always wondered how that tie knot look was achieved. Great job on the video!

• At 2012.01.09 12:55, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Debra!! and thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

• At 2012.01.09 11:15, Darby Hawley said:

Cyndi I loved the 3 ways you demonstrated for how to tie a scarf. I had never seen these before and I can’t wait to try them. I just pinned it actually. And don’t worry, you’re super cute in the video :-)

• At 2012.01.09 12:56, cyndi spivey said:

Thank you Darby! and thank you for pinning them. I meant to do that too! Have a great day!

• At 2012.01.09 12:40, Kim said:

You are SO cute!!! I love the 3 ways you’ve shared today. I’ve never tied my scarfs this way……so I really appreciated seeing these ideas.

hope your week is off to a great start.

Kim~

• At 2012.01.09 16:02, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Kim!! You really need to wear scarfs in your area! It gets cold!!
                              Have a great week friend,

• At 2012.01.09 16:11, Barb said:

Good job on the video! Makes me want to give scarves another try!

• At 2012.01.09 19:10, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Barb!! and thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

• At 2012.01.09 16:41, Richella said:

Hey babe! I love your video–you do a great job of tying the scarves and you explain the steps very well. Plus it’s just fun to hear your voice! I miss you!!

I thought of you when I was putting on a scarf this morning–even before I saw your video. Love you!

• At 2012.01.09 19:11, cyndi spivey said:

I miss you too Richella! I wish you were going to be at Blissdom again this year. It won’t be the same with out you! :-(
                                  Love you!

• At 2012.01.09 17:27, Gail said:

Hey, I’m in Atlanta Ga. In a conference with my husband and I am unable to get the video to work here in the room on my iPad. : /. It sounds, from all the comments, that it is great. I’ll get it soon; I hope. Hopefully before I have to leave here because I did bring a couple of scarves to wear, even though it is a lot warmer here than in Ky. I love to wear scarves! I think they have so much to offer in the accessorizing department! Gail

• At 2012.01.09 19:13, cyndi spivey said:

You’re hilarious Gail! I’m sure you have some great ways to tie those scarves. Wayne and I are headed to a conference in Florida in less than two weeks and I can’t wait to get away. Have fun!

• At 2012.01.09 20:22, Jill said:

Cyndi – you are adorable! :) I loved your video and it was great to see how you tie your scarves. I’m always using the same technique, so it’s nice to see a few new ideas! Thanks for putting yourself out there and doing this; you did a great job! :)

• At 2012.01.11 12:35, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks Jill and thank you for stopping by my blog. I’m hoping to do some more vlogging in the future! :-)

• At 2012.01.09 22:17, Lindsay said:

I love your first video, Mrs. Cyndi! You did a great job! I love scarves too, such a fun accessory. I live in Atlanta and love getting to read you posts every day. Thank you for your ministry!

• At 2012.01.11 12:37, cyndi spivey said:

Hi Lindsay!
                                        Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Scarves are a great and easy accessory to add to any outfit.
                                        Have a great day in Atlanta!

• At 2012.01.10 07:12, Karen said:

Your video was great! Thanks so much for sharing the first one, I LOVE that one…and will try it today! I have been a long time reader and really enjoy reading your blog posts. Thanks for sharing your heart as well!

• At 2012.01.11 12:42, cyndi spivey said:

Hi Karen!
                                          Thanks for stopping by! I’m always surprised that anyone wants to read my posts but I love blogging so I’m going to keep on doing them.
                                          Have a great day!

• At 2012.01.10 11:06, Becky L. said:

Great first video, Cyndi. I’ve always wondered how the 3rd scarf was tied. It was fun to hear your voice. Do you have plans for more videos/tutorials?

• At 2012.01.11 12:39, cyndi spivey said:

Hi Becky!
                                            Thanks for stopping by and yes I will be doing more video tutorials in the future. Even though it’s hard for me to listen to my KY accent! :-)

• At 2012.01.11 12:10, Tracey said:

I pretty much knew one way to tie a scarf. Now I know 4! Thanks Cyndi.

• At 2012.01.14 09:44, A Great Way To Organize Your Scarves! said:

[...] around my house this weekend. Well, I couldn’t wait to show you what I found to hang all my scarves on! You might already have one of these but if not I would highly recommend getting [...]

• [...] I love the What I Wore blog because she wears such cute and stylish clothes. As you can imagine the scarf drew me to this pin. Isn’t it adorable? I also love a simple white t-shirt. I love the wedge [...]

• At 2012.10.27 22:34, sue said:

I love scarfs too! Thanks for the ideas! Also love your gray sweater and have been looking for one for ages in the color and with the short sleeves, can you tell me where you purchased it?
                                                  Thank you!