I Need Your Help With My Hair Color!

Okay friends, I need your help!

I’m headed out this afternoon to get my hair cut and colored.

We know what happened the last time, I ended up with a blond streak, calling it my mid life crisis.

I have enjoyed having something a little different and I think it’s helped with the winter blahs.

Most people have said they like it but I’m not sure I want to keep it. My husband says he’s not crazy about it.

So what’s a girl to do?

That’s where you come in! Would you tell me what you think I should do.

Here are two pictures:

One picture with the blond streak~

One picture without the blond streak~

Now please tell me your honest opinion! I need to know soon!

I’ll reveal my new hair color tomorrow.

Beauty For the Heart~This week I’m teaching about prayer. I’ve been looking up some quotes on prayer and thought I’d share them with you.

Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask. ~Billy Graham

The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace. ~Mother Teresa

Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. ~Corrie ten Boom

Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.  ~John Bunyon

Today, spend time in prayer. Jesus is waiting for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

• At 2012.03.06 10:26, Aunt Pat said:

Since you asked, I like it better without the blonde streak, but you’re beautiful either way! Love you!

• At 2012.03.06 10:31, April said:

I agree with these girls. I think you look better without it. :D

• At 2012.03.06 10:33, Tammy Wurtz said:

This made me chuckle. I usually don’t like random streaks – but this looks good on you. If you decide to not do it, I highly encourage you to buy a fake green one (in honor of St. Patty) – just to wake up Wayne’s day. ;)

• At 2012.03.06 10:50, Cyndi Spivey said:

Hey Tammy! You know Wayne well, he’s conservative and doesn’t like anything too trendy. The fake green may send him over the edge! Haha!
          Have a great day!

• At 2012.03.06 16:09, Wayne Spivey said:

I really don’t appreciate others trying to “send me over the edge”. As a pastor I deal with enough craziness in my life I don’t need any more. And I beg your pardon Cynderella I love you and you are trendy!!
            Your Hubby Wayne

• At 2012.03.06 10:34, Frannie Robertson said:

I think you look great either way. It’s a win, win situation. I do think YOU will be happier WITHOUT the blonde streak. You can always put it back in later, if you change your mind. Now if I only knew what to do about my hair!!! Ha Ha

• At 2012.03.06 10:35, Amy said:

Really like them both. you could be gray and still be beautiful. I like the brown with no streak. However I have no room to talk about hair right now. giving the fact that I have brownish red with brown and gray roots. however am giving up on the color thing and just going to highlight blond.

• At 2012.03.06 10:46, Allison said:

I like it better WITHOUT the blonde streak. :)

• At 2012.03.06 10:47, Tara G. said:

I think without. I’m no expert though- I am freaked out to have my hair colored and have never done it!

• At 2012.03.06 10:55, Natalie at Mommy on Fire said:

Tough one, Cyndi, as you look lovely both ways…BUT…I would vote to go back to the straight brown.

Thank you for the reminder to be intentional about time with Him…

Blessings to you today!!!

• At 2012.03.06 10:58, Tracey said:

What she said!

• At 2012.03.06 10:59, Lindsay said:

Cyndi,
                      your hair is cute either way…but, I do prefer it without the streak. And I think if your hubby is encouraging you to go back dark, you should do that! I would LOVE to have pretty dark hair like you! I get mine highlighted because it is the color of hair that was blonde as a kid…kind of a mousy brown. I guess we always want what we don’t have! It will be pretty no matter what you decide! Good luck! :)

• At 2012.03.06 11:04, Amy said:

I did the exact same thing a few years ago. It looked really good in the salon but then flopped in real life for me. I like the streak on you more than me but I still prefer the full color. You’re beautiful either way! Have fun at the salon!

• At 2012.03.06 11:12, angie said:

No blond streak.

• At 2012.03.06 11:13, Tshanina at Thrifty T's Treasures said:

I’m with Sheila in that I think your eyes pop the most without the streak. As with everyone else, you’re going to look beautiful with whatever you choose! Can’t wait to see it!

• At 2012.03.06 11:13, Debbie said:

Your hair is really cute but I like it WITHOUT much better. A few subtle streaks of a highlighted color of lighter brown to auburn tones to highlight the color for summer would be nice. You are blessed with beautiful dark hair…..cherish it!

• At 2012.03.06 11:21, Stephanie B. said:

Cyndi,
                                I agree with others that you look great either way, but I like the pop of the blond…maybe more scattered highlights for spring vs one area. But you look terrific with your hair all dark as well! I’m going to be headed down this road soon…plucking the grays is getting out of control, so highlights will camoflage for a while?? LOL

• At 2012.03.06 11:23, Linda Whittaker said:

you are beautiful either way, but I am not a fan of the blond streak (not just on you, on anyone). Your color without the streak is PERFECT with your beautiful brown eyes….it really makes them pop! love you either way though, so do what YOU like!!

• At 2012.03.06 11:44, Judy B said:

My vote is without the blonde streak….you could always add a few suttle highlights throughout that look very natural and your hubby wouldn’t freak out. :) It looks beautiful your natural color!

• At 2012.03.06 12:43, Katie @ Wildwood Creek said:

All one color seems a little one dimensional. How about changing the blonde streak to a carmel streak? Just one or two shades lighter than your normal color. That way it would look just sun kissed for the summer.

• At 2012.03.06 13:54, Lou Mary said:

Really really like this idea!

• At 2012.03.06 13:08, Karen said:

I vote to cover it! It was the first thing I noticed in all the Blissdom photos and I didn’t think it looked good. Sorry sister……………..I love your hair cut though, and wished I had your thick hair! xoxoxo

• At 2012.03.06 13:14, Wanda said:

I like it better without the blonde streak too. Plus the upkeep will be easier!!

• At 2012.03.06 13:20, Freida Tackett said:

You are beautiful whatever you do but I like it best without the blond.

• At 2012.03.06 13:22, Karen said:

Cyndi, your hair looks great both ways. I think if you’re still not sure about the blonde after this long, then it’s probably not for you! At least you tried it, I am NOT at all brave when it comes to trying new hair styles.

• At 2012.03.06 13:57, Lou Mary said:

Really really like the light carmel touch with your beautiful face-give lift for awhile not that need lift!! Never do you?

• At 2012.03.06 14:15, Lori H said:

If I had to choose, I would vote for without the blond streak. If you are looking for something different, I think you could get more subtle highlights. Either way, you always look very put together and current!

• At 2012.03.06 14:38, Outfit 31 said:

You’re beautiful either way! Do what feels best for you!

• At 2012.03.06 14:38, Bonnie said:

Without. You could always clip something wild and crazy in for a change.

• At 2012.03.06 15:26, AL Fisher said:

Without! I’m in agreement with most of the post, you look great either way, and it’s because your beauty on the inside radiates no matter what your hair looks like.

: )

• At 2012.03.06 16:03, Wayne Spivey said:

Seeing as I am your husband….. The one who loves you, cares for you, provides for you!!! I say get rid of it. I believe I just trumped all other opinions!! Love you sweet heart!!
                                                          Wayne

• At 2012.03.06 16:23, Outfit 31 said:

Well said Wayne. Well Cyndi, there’s your answer!

• At 2012.03.06 16:24, Amanda said:

Wow, you struck a chord, Cyndi!! Great comment thread:)

I have to agree with the non-blonde streak voters. But I am too traditional to ask about trendy:).
                                                              Amanda

• At 2012.03.06 16:24, Carrie Beth said:

Cyndi – I think Wayne is trying to say he doesn’t like the streak!!! I like it without better, but I like the suggestion about having a streak that is a tone or two lighter.

• At 2012.03.06 16:27, Linda said:

You are so pretty…I think you can’t go wrong no matter what you choose. Just keep smiling that beautiful smile…it is contagious!

• At 2012.03.06 16:30, Anita said:

You are so beautiful….but I agree with your husband without the blonde streak!!! <3

• At 2012.03.06 16:51, Kim said:

Ha!! Gotta love your hubby’s comment. Your best option……is to agree with him! Lol

• At 2012.03.06 17:41, paula said:

I like it without the blonde.

• At 2012.03.06 18:02, Jill said:

I’m afraid I received my blog update a little too late, but I still want to say that you would look great even if you were bald. To be honest, though, I prefer your hair without the blonde streak.

• At 2012.03.06 18:10, Jima said:

You look pretty WITHOUT the blonde streak. I love your dark hair! Pretty!

• At 2012.03.06 19:58, Heather N said:

You are just so pretty both ways! I guess if i had to choose, I would make the streak a different color…like an auburn. Whatever you do will look great!

• At 2012.03.06 20:21, riley said:

Not everyone can have the great dark hair color that you have, especially with your dark eyes. I suggest getting rid of the streak, and going with cherry low lights instead. Don’t waste your great dark hair on a blonde streak. ;)

• At 2012.03.06 21:21, Julie said:

I love your hair without the streak but Katie @ Wildwood Creeks idea of a Carmel streak sounds good:)

• At 2012.03.07 03:07, Vicki said:

Why not find out what the Lord wants you to do with your hair color? Who do you want to please with your appearance? The Lord? Yourself? Your husband? If you answer these questions by God’s Word it will be of more value to you than any one else’s opinion. Vicki

• At 2012.03.07 06:38, Sara DeSeno said:

You look adorable both ways, but I say honor your husband’s wishes. What an easy way to love on him!

• At 2012.03.07 07:18, Julianne said:

In the picture, the streak looks fabulous, but I’ve noticed that both your daughter and your husband don’t like it, so they see you as bright and shiny enough without it. I would say that your family knows you best and if they say you don’t need it, then I believe that’s a compliment to say that you are beautiful just the way you are! I actually adore the photo with the rich, chestnut colour, too. You will be gorgeous either way you decide to go!! :O)

• At 2012.03.09 03:31, Marilyn C. said:

Blondes have more fun, just saying…………..? Of course I am a blonde! You look gorgeous either way, But, having said all that, my husband’s opinion is highly valued as well for me when I think about styles etc. I loved your post about always wanting to you look your best for your husband. Love your blog and Traci’s blog too. She is a hoot!

Hugs,

Marilyn C.

• At 2012.03.13 08:05, Heather said:

I don’t think the streak is an issue. Either way is okay. I don’t want to offend you, but I think you need to go with a style that isn’t as teased and sprayed with hairspray. The bob you have on the bottom of the page is much, much nicer. The old fashioned volume and having it fixed just so is a bit like a politician’s wife or a newscaster, and it is aging you. I’m in my 40′s, also, and I don’t feel there is anything wrong with still having sassy, cute hair.

• [...] {Day 3} Hair Color: Fashion & Beauty For Women Over 40 October 3, 2012 By Cyndi Leave a Comment Here we are, Day 3 and we’re talking–Hair Color. [...]

• [...] February 2012~~This was my month of my blond streak or as I long to call it, “my mid-life crisis”. [...]

• 7 old comments are not displayed. Click to display all comments