Okay, since several of you have emailed me hair questions I’m going to talk about hair today and I’m sharing 5 Ways To Fake Thick Hair.
Several of you asked if I had thick hair. I texted my hair stylist and asked her if I had thick hair, thin hair, or in between. She said I have fine hair with a lot of strands so it’s in between. I thought that’s what she would say, I just wanted to be sure.
I think my haircut helps to make my hair look thick but it’s really not so, here are some things I do to fake thick hair:
1. Fake thick hair by using a volume enhancing shampoo and conditioner. I personally use L’Oreal Paris EverPure Volume Shampoo, 8.5-Fluid Ounce and L’Oreal Paris EverPure Volume Conditioner, 8.5-Fluid Ounce. Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain moisturizers because they weigh hair down.
2. Use a thickening gel or mousse. I use Paul Mitchell Extra Body Thicken Up, 6.8-Ounces Bottle
This product has made a huge difference in my hair feeling thicker. I use it everyday!
3. Blow dry your hair from root to tip with a round brush. Turn your head over several times while blow drying to add lift.
4. Tease hair at the crown for added appearance of full, thick hair. Don’t overdue this but a little can add volume and thickness. Of course if you read my fall hair trends the teased look is in!
5. Choose hairstyles that flatter fine hair such as a short, classic bob, or a medium, classic bob. Also, a shoulder-grazing cut angled in long layers around the face is flattering. If you have fine hair, the longer you let it grow, the thinner it will look. If you feel your hair is looking thin or stringy, try cutting off a couple of inches.
These are 5 tips I use to fake thick hair. Do you have any suggestions? Let me know!
I would love for you to follow me on PINTEREST to see things I love! Also, chat with my on my FACEBOOK page, it’s a great way to connect with me. If you want to see pictures of my day to day stuff, follow me on INSTAGRAM!
Beauty For the Heart~~I shared this verse on my facebook page yesterday so in case you missed it, I’ll share it here. Its Psalm 89:1 from the Message, it makes me smile.