Well, we’re on a roll, Day 4 and we’re going to talk about those Eyeglasses as a fashion accessory!
It happens to all of us, that first time you try to read something and suddenly it’s blurry.
I remember the first time I realized something was going on with my eyes. I was in the shower and suddenly I couldn’t see which bottle was the shampoo and which bottle was the conditioner. I’m pretty sure I screamed!
From that day forward I knew that eyeglasses were going to be my new fashion accessory. That’s how I look at them–a fashion accessory.
Things that age you when picking out eyewear:
- Dated frames
- Boring frames
- Frames that drop downward (remember at our age everything needs to lift up!)
- Metal frames
- Rimless glasses
- An eyeglass necklace (this is a no-no!)
- Squinting (this causes wrinkles, wear glasess!)
Eyeglasses can make you look smart, sexy, and chic. (But if you can wear contacts or have Lasik surgery these are great options to look young and hip.)
Things to remember when picking out eyeglasses:
- If you need bifocals (which I do) opt for the “invisible bifocals”. There’s no line on these so they don’t scream old lady.
- If you only need readers buy several trendy pairs. These can make you look smart and trendy.
- Make sure the glasses fit your face. The top of your frame should be at the bottom of the brow but not over it. You don’t want to see the brow in your lens.
- Frames are a fashion statement and a great way to wear designer labels. I spent a little more money buying a designer label but I wear them everyday so I’m getting my money’s worth. My eyeglasses are by Donna Karen.
Okay, do you wear glasses? Were you shocked, like me, when you started to see things getting blurry?
If you’ve missed my previous posts in my 31 days series, you can go here and catch up! Thanks for stopping by!
If you’d like to follow me in some other areas, I’m on PINTEREST and you can see all the things I love. Also, chat with me on my FACEBOOK page, it’s a great way to connect with me and ask me any questions you might have. If you want to see pictures of my day to day stuff, follow me on INSTAGRAM!
Beauty For the Heart~~As I was doing this post, I kept thinking of the song I sang as I child: Oh be careful little eyes what you see, Oh be careful little eyes what you see, For the Father up above He is looking down with love, Oh be careful little eyes what you see!
Matthew 6:22 says, “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.”
Let’s be careful what we see and what we watch! Have a blessed day!Pin It