Lets get right to the point and learn ways to make us look and feel younger with our eyes.
The Don’ts of Eye Make-up for Women Over 40:
- Don’t paint three distinct color blocks on the lid, one atop another, with the top tier a pearly white up to the brow bone.
- Don’t use wild and crazy shades of pink, purple, green, turquoise, gold, bronze, and silver shadows. They magnify imperfections! Never ever try to match your eye shadow to your outfit. Very old lady!
- Don’t use shiny, or glittery eye shadows. These are for kids. Say no to frosted eye colors too!
- Don’t use thick black eyeliner. This is a very hard look and we want a soft look.
I know what you’re thinking, what are we supposed to use? It sounds boring but for women over 40, it’s better to narrow the choice of eye shadow colors to your favorite neutral.
You really only need to use a shade of brown. Brown eye shadow is always current and appropriate. All you need to do is find the right shade of brown that works for you.
There’s warm brown (caramel, terracotta), neutral brown (chocolate, raisin), or cool brown (coffee, plum).
The Do’s of Eye Make-up for Women Over 40:
- Do apply an eye primer before applying eye shadow. Eye primer helps the eye shadow stay on and smooths out discolorations, blotchiness, and evens out the skin tone.
- Do use two colors: a light neutral and a dark neutral. Blend them so they look natural.
- D0 make your eyes look dewy and fresh with shadow that has a little luminosity.
- Do line the top lid close to the lashes with a pencil and then smudge it to look as soft and natural as possible. Add a softly smudged, thin line under the lower lid.
- Do draw eyeliner on your eyes with a slight tilt upward. Remember we want to lift everything up!
What do you think? Do you use a neutral eye shadow? Was this post helpful?
Don’t miss a single post of this 31 day series, you can find them all here!
If you’d like to follow me in some other areas, I’m on PINTEREST and you can see all the things I love. Also, chat with me on my FACEBOOK page, it’s a great way to connect with me and ask me any questions you might have. If you want to see pictures of my day to day stuff, follow me on INSTAGRAM!
Beauty For the Heart~~No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
Have a blessed day!