What I Wore-My Style

Happy Hump Day! This is a weird hump day because it’s my first day back to work since before Christmas. Since we’re getting back to our regular routine that means it’s What I Wore-My Style.

Every once in a while, I step out of my comfort zone and wear something that I don’t usually wear. That’s what I did with this kimono style dress from Kohl’s. I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off. It’s a little shorter than I like but I wore black tights. It’s also pretty colorful. I need color this time of the year, don’t you?

What I Wore-My Style

Kimono Style Dress-Kohl’s
Bubble Necklace-ordered it online
Black wedge boots-TJ Maxx

What I Wore-My Style

I went back to my black, white and gray for New Year’s Eve night (we had a get-together at church).

What I wore-My Style

I love wearing polka dots! It’s hard to tell but I have on dark boot cut jeans with black wedge shoes similar to these~~

What I Wore-My Style

Gray Sweater-Kohl’s
Polka dot scarf-similar here
Ralph Lauren Boot Cut Jeans-TJ Maxx
Black Wedge Shoes-Rack Room Shoes

I always feel a little sad when the holidays are over. They seem to whiz by!

Are you ready for the holidays to be over? Are you ready to get back to a regular routine?

Beauty For the Heart~~This morning I read Matthew 6:11, “Give us today our daily bread.” The last several weeks most of us have enjoyed lots of food, and gifts and over indulgences. Probably more than most of us need.

So this morning, I’m asking Jesus for only what I need for today. Not tomorrow, not next week. Just today. I’m thankful He knows what I need!

Have a Blessed day!

Linking to:

pleated poppy

• At 2013.01.02 08:20, Joanna S. said:

Loved the color on you!

• At 2013.01.02 12:38, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Joanna!! Happy New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 08:31, Kellyann said:

Love the way you rock that dress!

• At 2013.01.02 12:39, Cyndi Spivey said:

I’m not sure i rock anything Kellyann but thanks for the compliment! :-)
        Happy New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 08:37, Amber said:

Love the dress on you!!!!!!

• At 2013.01.02 12:39, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thank you Amber! Happy New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 08:46, mandy @ this girl's life said:

Gorgeous dress! Those colors look really great on you. I also love your NYE look…I always gravitate toward a comfy sweater/jeans/boots combo. :)

• At 2013.01.02 12:40, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Mandy! I live in sweaters/jeans/boots this time of the year! :-)
            Happy new Year,

• At 2013.01.02 08:54, Stacey said:

That dress is fantastic on you and it isn’t too short. I’m often a little braver when it comes to the length when wearing tights and boots. It looks really nice.

• At 2013.01.02 12:41, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Stacey! Happy New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 09:04, Amy said:

Oh, I got some wedge shoes over the holidays too and I love them!

The dress is fabulous on you!

• At 2013.01.02 12:41, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Amy! Those wedge shoes are surprisingly very comfortable. Yeah!
                Happy New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 10:03, CJ said:

Loved that dress on you!!!

• At 2013.01.02 10:52, Kristin S said:

I might just have to go to Kohl’s today to find that dress!

• At 2013.01.02 12:42, Cyndi Spivey said:

It was on sale 50 % off. I think it was $30. Not too bad.
                    Happy New Year,

• At 2013.01.02 11:14, Gerrie said:

Love the dress on you. I agree that it doesn’t look too short with the tights and boots.

• At 2013.01.02 12:42, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Gerrie! Happy new Year!

• At 2013.01.02 13:09, Bonnie said:

Cyndi, I have always worn long skirts and dresses (usually with boots in the winter) and I have come to realize this is not a flattering look on me (I’m only 5′ 2,5″).

How can I ease my way into wearing skirts or dresses that are knee length? I also need to lose weight.

Thanks for any advice!

• At 2013.01.02 13:26, teresa said:

that dress looks fabulous on you and is definitely not too short. It would also look goo loosely belted and worn with leggings and boots so it’s more like a tunic. I think you’d have to lose the (rockin’) necklace in that case and stick to just earrings. I especially love the sweater and cut of the jeans in the NYE pic.

My holidays aren’t over until the Wise Men sing so it’s a few more days, yet. We have some traditional foods that we cook and my Italian friend is helping also. Jan 6th is the day presents are given to children in the mountainous areas of Italy. The Old Woman of the mountains come down with her cart drawn by small horses to give gifts. My friend dresses up for her nieces and nephews on the day much like people pretend to be Santa Claus. Very sweet custom and very good cookies, I hope!

• At 2013.01.02 14:13, Versatile Style by Tracey said:

Going outside our comfort zones is how we grow and this look is one you definitely pull off well. I know dress length is such a finicky issue for us women over 40 and I think this definitely works with the tights and boots. Congratulations for your bravery!

• At 2013.01.02 14:18, Penny Snyder said:

I love the dress and the necklace…I have that necklace in black, cream and turquoise….!!!

• At 2013.01.02 14:50, Gina said:

Hi Cyndi.

The dress is beautiful on you! I also love the jeans/wedge boots look on you. You can pull off anything.

Happy 2013!

• At 2013.01.02 16:09, Traci (@beneathmyheart) said:

I love that dress on you, Lou! Not too short at all. Love, love all that color!

• At 2013.01.02 17:16, jodi said:

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE both outfits! The dress is gorgeous! I have always loved that style of dress….and polka dots are my favorite! :)

Very Very Cute! I have been away from blogging for a while, I need to get back into it. I miss doing my WIWW!

Happy New Year!
                                  Jodi

• At 2013.01.02 18:36, judith hall said:

Happy Wednesday Cyndi! Chatted with you a bit on facebook about how fabulous this dress looks on you! If that is going outside of your comfort zone, then you hit a home run! I adore everything single thing about it and how you accessorized it and with your legs, it is an absolutely perfect length for you.
                                    Your New Year’s Eve outfit is classy and perfect for the occasion although after seeing you in all of that beautiful color it seemed almost subdued. :)
                                    You look marvelous in everything.

• At 2013.01.02 21:59, Sara N said:

It’s a very nice dress and it looks wonderful on you!!
                                      Thanks for the spiritual food.
                                      Blessings in the New Year!

• At 2013.01.02 22:19, Sara N said:

I need to add something: I think that the necklace is a little heavy with the print of the dress as background. Maybe a less overpowering accessory would balance the entire outfit better. Of course, you have an amazing figure, and that helps to keep everything in equilibrium. If you had a large chest, it would have been a no no, in my opinion.
                                        Thank you for reading!
                                        Blessings always!!

• At 2013.01.03 02:38, Mary Ostyn (Owlhaven) said:

Love the bright outfit!

Mary

• At 2013.01.03 07:18, Lisa said:

You did a great job pulling the dress off. I think the length is fine with the tights and boots. Colors look good on you. Thanks for sharing :)

• At 2013.01.03 14:45, Lee Ann said:

I love the dress! It looks good on you! I also like the gray sweater with the scarf. Where did you get the sweater and the white top under it, and the scarf? I’m always trying to find shirts to wear under cardigans because I have only a couple. Happy 2013!

• At 2013.01.03 22:54, Tonya @ Love of Family & Home said:

I stopped by yesterday, but was on my iPhone. Thought I would drop by again tonight & tell you that I LOVE that dress!! So cute! And it looks great on you!!

• At 2013.01.08 18:11, Raj @Pink Chai Style said:

I absolutely love that first dress on you! Stepping out of your comfort zone worked fabulously:)

• At 2013.01.30 10:25, Michele said:

You inspired me…I went online and bought that dress! Can I ask what size you are wearing? I’m 5’4 145lbs.

Michele :-)