One of my readers recently asked me how to dress broad shoulders. I don’t have broad shoulders, but my daughter does and that’s why when we go shopping together we can’t always wear the same tops (and of course, she is 20 years younger than me!)
Broad shoulders can be tricky but there are definitely some do’s and don’ts that will help you look your best!
Here’s what you should wear:
- Do choose raglan style shirts. They downplay and soften your shoulders.
- Do wear a narrow V-neck or scoop neckline to elongate the neck and draw the eye inwards.
- Also long necklaces give a vertical look.
- Wear dark on top and light on the bottom to help balance out a wider upper body.
I think the best advice for people with broad shoulders is to always think vertical and never horizontal. You don’t want to look any wider on top.
Here are some no-no’s:
- Don’t accentuate your shoulders by adding puffed sleeves, shoulder pads, detail work such as beading and glitter, or big collars.
- Don’t wear boat necks or square necklines, they visually widen the shoulder area.
- Turtlenecks and scarves are not flattering on broad shouldered women. Now I know why my daughter doesn’t like either one! It makes sense.
Do you have broad shoulders? Do you have any ideas or tricks on how to dress broad shoulders?
Beauty For the Heart~~Do you ever struggle with past mistakes? I do! I sometimes wish I could change them, but I can’t. Satan wants us to feel defeated and I recently heard this quote, “The next time the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!” Let’s claim Psalm 103:11-12, For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. Amen!Pin It