What I Wore-Easter 2013

Hi there! I’m glad you’ve stopped by. Every Wednesday I share What I Wore. It’s basically fashion for women over 40. Just because we’re a little older doesn’t mean we can’t be fashionable, right?

Today I’m sharing what I wore to church on Sunday. I love dresses and so I enjoy finding a new dress for Easter that I can wear through spring and summer.

What I Wore-Easter 2013

Green seems to be my color choice this spring. Maybe it’s because it’s the Pantone color choice for the year and it’s everywhere!

What I Wore-Easter 2013

Everything I wore, I purchased recently except for my nude wedge heels. I bought them at Payless Shoe Source last fall.

I added some more color with my bracelet and I love the gold cross bracelet too……..

What I Wore-Easter 2013

Here are some other things I used: Sun Labs tanning lotion on my legs and OPI nail color on my toes.

What I Wore-Easter 2013

I think spring is finally going to come to Kentucky this weekend! What’s your favorite color to wear this spring?

Beauty for the Heart~~I’m working on memorizing scripture and this is the verse I’m working on this week. Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

**Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.

Linking to:
pleated poppy

• At 2013.04.03 07:24, texasaggiemom said:

Love the dress and these Wednesday posts! Thank you for encouraging us to continue to walk in beauty and grace.

• At 2013.04.03 10:54, Cyndi Spivey said:

• At 2013.04.03 07:28, Earline Gualdoni said:

Love you outfit! I searched and searched for a dress, but came up empty. I don’t shop often for myself, but could see that a major change has occurred at JCP and Sears. I didn’t make it to our next biggest city that had Marshall’s- maybe this month. Love you, your faith and all that you share to make our world more beautiful.

• At 2013.04.03 10:55, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thank you so much for stopping by Earline!!

• At 2013.04.03 07:39, Amanda said:

Love, love, love! You inspire me to put together real clothes, not just throw on yoga pants like I prefer to every day:) Running by Marshall’s today if I get a chance. Absolutely love the color on you!
        Amanda

• At 2013.04.03 10:59, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thank you Amanda!! We have a new Marshall’s and it’s so nice.

• At 2013.04.03 07:44, Krista said:

Hi Cyndi!
          Your dress is adorable on you! Thank you for your verse today. My wonderful dad who passed away April 2, 2000 gave me a Bible when I left for college with my name and that verse engraved on the front. This year my oldest will graduate from high school. So today, you brought my dad to me and reminded me that this would make a nice gift for my daughter as well! Thank you so very much!!!!

• At 2013.04.03 11:01, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by Krista!!

• At 2013.04.03 07:52, Lori H said:

Wow, you look so put together. You inspire every day.I may have to pop into Marshalls after work today :)

• At 2013.04.03 11:02, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thank you Lori!! and thanks for stopping by!

• At 2013.04.03 08:02, Heather B. said:

Love the color of your dress and accessories! Thanks for reminding me that I should be starting “self tanning” lotion on my legs and arms….I’m winter white!

• At 2013.04.03 11:02, Cyndi Spivey said:

I was winter white too! :-)

• At 2013.04.03 08:05, Rhonda said:

Cyndi, I love your dress! You have inspired me too, to put a little fashion & style in my day! Really love your cross bracelet too — I wear mine all the time and have bought 10 of them and given to friends or those going thru some hard times. Just a way to remind them — God loves you (and so do I!)
                Thanks for sharing!

• At 2013.04.03 11:04, Cyndi Spivey said:

That’s a great gift idea Rhonda!! I might do that too!

• At 2013.04.03 08:40, Versatile Style by Tracey said:

Love this and see so much potential for versatility by changing the white top underneath for pops of color.

• At 2013.04.03 14:43, Cyndi Spivey said:

That’s a great idea Tracey! Thanks for stopping by!

• At 2013.04.03 08:57, Lee Ann said:

I love that dress! I wish it had been warm enough here in northeast Ohio on Easter to wear a dress. It was cold!

• At 2013.04.03 14:44, Cyndi Spivey said:

Just so you know, it was pretty chilly here! I did get a little cold. :-)
                      cyndi

• At 2013.04.03 09:37, Tonya @ Love of Family & Home said:

Love that dress!! The color looks great on you!!

• At 2013.04.03 14:44, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Tonya!! Hope you all had a great Easter!

• At 2013.04.03 10:42, Monica said:

Love the look! I’ve decided that I MUST get some nude wedges this year.

• At 2013.04.03 14:45, Cyndi Spivey said:

I love these but I haven’t wore them much. Hoping I get to now that the weather is warming up!
                          Thanks for stopping by,

• At 2013.04.03 10:53, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by!!

• At 2013.04.03 21:10, Leslie Clingan said:

I love the shoes. I think I saw the same style in coral. Do you know if they had them in coral? How do they fit? You are pretty as a picture!

• At 2013.04.03 11:00, Amber said:

Cyndi, where do you buy your self tanner?? I do not recognize that brand. I had my first ever spray tan Friday before Easter. I wore a white skirt and my daughter told me that my legs were as white as my white when I was buying the skirt, so I got a spray tan. LOVE it but it does not last long. Need to start my self-tanning now. Love your dress and I did notice that your legs were tan. lol. I wondered if you tanned in a bed or if it was a self tanner or if you too got a spray tan.

• At 2013.04.03 14:46, Cyndi Spivey said:

I ordered it from Amazon. If you click on the Sun Tan Labs in my post it will take you there. I love this stuff!! Very forgiving and its not orangey at all.
                              Hope that helps,

• At 2013.04.03 11:42, Bobbie said:

I love your dress, you are my inspiration. I always look to you, on how to dress for my age. Question, I want to wear colored jeans this spring, but don’t know which kind to get, straight leg, skinny, or what? Please help with your advice.

• At 2013.04.03 14:47, Cyndi Spivey said:

Straight leg or skinny would be fine. The skinny leg seems to be really popular and the length is above the ankles. I hope that helps!
                                cyndi

• At 2013.04.03 12:18, Joy said:

LOVE the dress, Cyndi!! I want one too…. till I saw it’s from Marshall’s :( haha. Love that store but none nowhere near me! :) Have a blessed day Cyndi!

• At 2013.04.03 14:48, Cyndi Spivey said:

Oh Im sorry!! No Marshall’s in Canada. :-(

• At 2013.04.03 13:57, teresa said:

Green is definitely your colour and you’re so cute in that dress. I think you should wear more styles that highlight your waist as the exercise seems to be working.
                                  I was wondering if you were naturally olive or if it was a tanner. I knew you probably wouldn’t go to a tanning bed as you’re trying to look younger, not age yourself permanently.
                                  Everything about this one is great, especially the choice of shoe and bracelet.

• At 2013.04.03 14:49, Cyndi Spivey said:

Yes my skin is very olive! I never ever go to a tanning bed, I wish they would outlaw them!! I love the Sun Labs tanning lotion. It’s really good!
                                    BLessings,

• At 2013.04.03 14:54, Sandra Sponer said:

Love the dress. I was wondering if you can tell me where I can purchase the SUN self tanning lotion. Do you use the tanning lotion often and do you like it? I have used some different ones before but I have trouble with them turning me orange in areas,

• At 2013.04.03 15:23, Jill said:

You look fabulous in this dress Cyndi! I have recently found your blog and have read through so many posts enjoying them all, but this is my first comment. I love your fashion advise as well as your thoughts on faith in the Savior.
                                      Thank you for sharing. Your blog is inspiring and fun to read.
                                      Oh and good job on working towards being more healthy. Great ideas!

• At 2013.04.03 15:40, Jill said:

This dress is adorable!!! Looks good on you, but everything does:)

• At 2013.04.03 15:46, Amy said:

Soo pretty!

• At 2013.04.03 16:09, Debbie Dunbar said:

My favorite colors for spring this year are coral and that green – imagine that!

• At 2013.04.03 16:19, Gina said:

Hi Cyndi!

You look awesome in the dress! I agree with another reply above…green is your color, and you look so fit and trim!

Love seeing your outfits. Thanks for sharing.

• At 2013.04.03 16:56, anne said:

i wish i liked green on me… it looks fabulous on you :)

• At 2013.04.03 18:43, brenda said:

great I think the best yet AND silly me just realized you and sister both are in KY duh

• At 2013.04.03 19:50, Suzy McDowell said:

Hi Cyndi! I am new to your blog and just love it. Would you be able to tell me where you bought the plaque that you stand in front of when you take your pictures “Trust in the Lord…”? You give me inspiration and I appreciate you! Blessings to you, Suzy

• At 2013.04.03 21:33, Betsy said:

Love it!! So stylish!
                                                      Blessings!
                                                      Betsy ♥

• At 2013.04.03 21:34, Kelly @ Kiwi Womens Style said:

Fantastic colours and they suit you so well. Over 40 fashion is an interesting idea as I find loads of inspiration in your posts (and I’m 31). Thanks for sharing with WW :)

• At 2013.04.03 22:19, Rita Joy said:

Cyndi,
                                                          I just love your “What I Wore” posts. I, too, am over 40 and realize that I need to be really observant and intentional while shopping for clothes. Thanks for all the great ideas and tips. I’m a little jealous that you can wear self tanner, though… It gives me the hives! Oh, bother… I’ve decided to just embrace my snowy white skin. In some countries, it’s considered very beautiful! Ha!;)

• At 2013.04.04 09:01, Stacey said:

THis is the color for sure — everywhere this year! It looks great on you and I love it with the coral.

So pretty! Plus I adore this style of dress. It always looks great and you don’t have to iron it :)

• At 2013.04.05 10:34, Karen said:

Christ is RISEN indeed!
                                                              Lovely Easter look! The accessories were the perfect compliment to the dress.

• At 2013.04.05 23:45, Debby said:

Love the outfit! I too a really into green right now….just bought some mint green oxfords from Target.

• At 2013.04.05 23:47, Debby said:

PS…..love your blog! It’s great too have a fashion blog for “mature” women.

• At 2013.04.06 16:42, Linda said:

Where did you purchased the print that you stand next to in all of your “What I Wore” pictures? The “Trust In The Lord…” Would love to have that. Love to follow your blog!

• At 2013.04.08 11:09, Jane said:

I’m curious where you got the cross bracelet. I’ve given the “Jesus Calling” devotional book as gifts a few times, but I’d love to have another gift to give friends…if you don’t mind sharing! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration!!

• 1 old comments are not displayed. Click to display all comments