Fall Fashion Color-Burgundy

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I’ve been looking at fall fashion colors and burgundy (it’s also called plum, and oxblood) seems to be popping up everywhere.

Whether it’s skirts, (Old Navy)

47fd0794ef87a0459ab89e94350da0b0

Blazers, (Banana Republic)

burgundy blazer

Or pants (The Limited).

burgandy pants

I’m adding some of the fall fashion color to my wardrobe in a simple sweater tee from The Limited.

Fall-Fashion-Burgundy

Have you seen all the burgundy popping up? Have you added any to your fall wardrobe?

Beauty For the Heart~~God is constantly and aggressively communicating with the world through his Word. God is still speaking! -Max Lucado

• At 2013.08.26 08:37, Teresa said:

Love Love Love Burgundy! And it looks Great on you Cyndi!

• At 2013.08.27 07:24, Cyndi said:

Thanks Teresa!

• At 2013.08.26 08:45, Stacey said:

Great top! The color is pretty on you. I had a burgundy purse in my hands at Target the other day that was very pretty. Maybe I should go back and get it.

• At 2013.08.27 07:24, Cyndi said:

Sounds perfect! I might have to check it out too!

• At 2013.08.26 08:47, Amy said:

My friend just gave me a pair of burgundy dress pants from The Loft. They’ll be perfect but I admit, I’m a little hesitant to wear it. Does it remind you of the 90′s too? My mom had a burgundy wall and a floral burgundy and navy couch. I think I have too many memories with it there.
        That color IS really pretty with your dark hair though!

• At 2013.08.27 07:26, Cyndi said:

Yes it reminds me of the 90s and the 80s. I had a burgundy sweater with my initials on the front, center. :-)
          It all comes back around!

• At 2013.08.26 09:39, versatilestylebytracey said:

I bought a burgundy moto jacket last fall and for this fall added boots, Brocade skinny corduroys, and a beaded t.shirt. I’d say I’m ready. I was going to do a post similar to this…

• At 2013.08.27 07:26, Cyndi said:

You need to do the post. I’d like to see that outfit, sounds adorable!

• At 2013.08.26 10:32, Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy said:

Can I just say how happy I am that this year they’re calling it “burgundy” and not “oxblood”? Phew!

I love that polka dot skirt, and you look darling and ready for September!

• At 2013.08.27 07:27, Cyndi said:

I know I hate that word. Ugh!

• At 2013.08.26 13:25, angie hairrell said:

Love the color, but I personally prefer to call it maroon. Where could I find that skirt? It would be perfect for game day or yell practice.

• At 2013.08.27 07:28, Cyndi said:

Angie that skirt is from Old Navy, I found it online. It is so cute!

• At 2013.08.26 13:30, Kim | Just for Clicks said:

Love the idea of pulling fall colors into cool pieces (like short sleeved sweaters paired with sandals)….. I’m craving Fall and the weather is not cooperating. These are great ideas for those 90* days!

• At 2013.08.27 07:28, Cyndi said:

I know, it’s going to be hot here all week. We have had a very mild summer but now that it’s almost September its heating up. Go figure!

• At 2013.08.27 21:16, Kim | Just for Clicks said:

My kids and I laughed…. we are getting in the pool more now that school has started than we did over summer! :-)

• At 2013.08.26 14:09, Bobbi said:

I just saw some Fall decorations out in the stores this weekend and decided I’m not ready to think Fall yet. I do have a question about men’s fashion. The other day my husband wore a coral polo shirt to work. One of his coworkers (man) said he liked the color, his wife won’t let him wear color. I guess she said when you get older (I think he’s in his late 40′s, my husband is 58) you shouldn’t wear color. I had never heard this, I think my husband looks good in colors but said I would ask you.

• At 2013.08.26 16:03, Liz said:

I think your husband should keep wearing color! My husband has several colorful polo/golf shirts. How drab and boring if men can’t put on a sharp looking polo–their options are so limited already! Also, coral is a fabulous color –have him keep wearing it!! :)

• At 2013.08.27 07:29, Cyndi said:

That’s crazy! Wear color!! It looks fabulous!

• At 2013.08.26 14:57, Dorothy said:

I love the burgundy color. I have a couple of sweaters in that color and it goes so well with black, navy, grey. Your sweater is adorable. I put my husband in colors now whenever I can get him to get away from his navy fire shirts. With grey hair or salt and pepper hair, colors such as pink, coral, and aqua look especially nice. And under a suit with a multicolored tie, I think it looks very fashionable.

• At 2013.08.27 07:30, Cyndi said:

I agree Dorothy. I put my husband in lots of colors. He loves them!

• At 2013.08.26 15:16, Nessie said:

What a beautiful colour. I would love a sweater like that with long sleeves.
                        Greetings from Scotland,
                        Nessie

• At 2013.08.27 07:29, Cyndi said:

Hi Nessie!! Thanks for stopping by from Scotland!!!

• At 2013.08.26 19:31, Cindy D. said:

I Love burgundy/plum shades! I’m glad they are fashionable this year as I have a few things for fall in those colors. Love the sweater tee!

• At 2013.08.27 07:30, Cyndi said:

Thanks Cindy! I love the color too!

• At 2013.08.26 19:32, Susan said:

I actually love this color and I think it flatters most skin tones. I love the skirt paired with booties. I must try that! Susan

• At 2013.08.27 07:31, Cyndi said:

That skirt is adorable, I found it online at Old Navy.

• At 2013.08.26 19:53, Sandy said:

I love burgundy but it does nothing for me, unfortunately. Actually, I think I could do the jeans because they’re not near my face, so I take that comment back! ;)

• At 2013.08.27 07:31, Cyndi said:

Yes if you don’t like it around your face, wear the color in pants. Perfect!

• At 2013.08.26 21:14, Gina Samia said:

Hi Cyndi.

I love the burgundy/oxblood/maroon, etc. color! It is actually one of my better colors, so I’m looking to add some things in this color. One of the current fashion magazines did a two page spread on how hot oxblood is this season.

You look great in your new sweater.

Have a great week. Thanks for sharing.

• At 2013.08.27 07:32, Cyndi said:

I know Gina, I’ve seen it everywhere! I don’t have very much of this color, but I will be adding it to my wardrobe this season.

• At 2013.08.26 22:32, Judith Hall said:

I love burgundy. I have a beautiful burgundy boyfriend cardigan I bought 2 years ago. I think I wore it twice. I kind of put it away with the other “probably not a good purchase” things and thought I might get it out some time in the future. Guess what?! You will never believe what fresh eyes has done for that cardigan! I can hardly wait to wear it. Today was 94 degrees and 90% humidity, so I had to leave the cardigan in my drawer. :) Be blessed sweet Cyndi!

• At 2013.08.27 07:33, Cyndi said:

Hi Judith!! Pull out that cardigan as soon as the temperatures cool down.
                                    Glad you stopped by, hope you’re doing well.

• At 2013.08.27 08:49, Kathy said:

I love that sweater from the Limited. Do you have a link? I couldn’t tell from the picture of the exact detail. Thanks.

• At 2013.08.29 17:32, Bobbi said:

I’ve noticed that I smile when I read your blog, I like that. Keep up the great work.