Fashion Over 40-What I Wore

Happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing some fashion over 40 outfits I wore this past week. I was obviously in a “blue” mood!

I’ve shared the necklace I have on with you several times. It’s my favorite one because it goes with so many of my outfits.

Fashion Over 40

Necklace- Francesca’s
Navy blue blouse- Old Navy
Skinny Jeans- INC at Macy’s
Nude flip flops- Francesca’s

Last week I told you I was going to pull some things out of my closet that I hadn’t worn this summer and decide if I was going to keep them or give them away. I pulled this sleeveless top out and I’ve decided I’m going to give it away. It’s just not working for me these days!

Turqoise sleeveless top

Sleeveless turquoise top- Not sure
Crop jeans- TJ Maxx, Ralph Lauren
Gold sandals- Marshall’s
Coral bracelet- JCrew
Turquoise bracelet- online

This is a comfy summer dress and I love the high/low look. I wore this coral necklace but I have some other necklaces that might have stood out a little better.

Navy blue dress with floral necklace

Navy blue dress- Stitch Fix, TART. If you want to try Stitch Fix go here.
Coral flower necklace- Stitch Fix
Gold sandals- Marshall’s

I’m going to try and pull some more clothes out this week and see if they’re a hit or miss. I want to clean out my closet before I start adding my fall pieces.

Do you all have any Labor Day plans? Can you believe that next week is September??

Beauty For the Heart~~I’ve been looking up scripture this week on the importance of good friendships. Who we hang around with can make a big difference, even at our age. Scripture says iron sharpens iron. I want to spend time with women who strengthen my relationship with Christ. Don’t you?

Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”1 Corinthians 15:33

Linking to The Pleated Poppy!

• At 2013.08.28 08:00, Beth Ann said:

I think those gold sandals were a very smart buy, they make every outfit you wear them with just sparkle! And blue is a very good color to wear when it’s so hot outside. (I’m wearing it today, too!)

• At 2013.08.28 08:40, Kris said:

Your navy dress is just darling. Love how you accessorize. You look great in the Turquoise top. I have something very similar in gray, but never feel quite right when I wear it. It doesn’t stay on my shoulders, and even with a tank under it, I feel too exposed. I turned all my hangers backwards at the beginning of summer, and this is one that is still facing the wrong way. I’ll probably pass mine along when I start transitioning to my fall wardrobe. (Upper 90′s and 100 degrees all week here in MN. )

• At 2013.08.28 09:18, Kim | Just for Clicks said:

Love all the outfits, esp the top one. {even love the turquoise top:-)} Your nude flip flops remind me of the Tkees I bought this summer…. FAVE flip flops, so comfy. If you haven’t tried them I recommend them!

• At 2013.08.28 10:36, Melesa Garrison said:

You look pretty in everything, but I understand when it’s time to give things away and you are just not feeling it anymore. I like the nude flip flops!

• At 2013.08.28 11:13, Carol said:

Wednesday is my favorite “Walking in Grace and Beauty” day. I find it so practical as you share what you like. I like all the outfits!, but wonder if your taste has become more tailored, and you don’t like the aqua top as well. What do you think?

• At 2013.08.28 12:59, Emily said:

You are sooo beautiful, Cyndi! Love all of these outfits!

• At 2013.08.28 14:05, Kenzie @ Life According to Kenz said:

Those gold sandals are FAB! Wish I had a Marshall’s near me!!!! Gorgeous lady!

• At 2013.08.28 14:54, Debbie Dunbar said:

Great outfits. I finished cleaning my closet out this morning and even packed away a few summer things that I won’t need much since school starts Tuesday. I also got rid of a bunch of stuff which means empty hangars, closet space, SHOPPING? YAY!

• At 2013.08.28 15:56, Heidi @ Decor & More said:

Love the dress! I need to clean my closet out, too — it’s growing fangs! We’re headed to the beach one last time for Labor Day and I can’t wait. The beginning weeks of school have been a little rocky, so I could use some recharging.
                    xo Heidi
                    PS — I still intend to try Stitch Fix soon!

• At 2013.08.28 16:51, Gina Samia said:

Hi Cyndi.

You look beautiful in Navy! :) I have a top similar to your turquoise one, and I’ll probably part with it as well. The ruffles are not very flattering on me. I think yours would look cute with some white jeans, a skinny red belt and some cute red sandals or flats. :)

Thanks for sharing.

• At 2013.08.28 17:07, brenda said:

I so like all your selections. Also, I am very curious why you do not think the turquoise top is a keeper. I think it looks quite nice but you have such an eye for l of this and think it would probably be something for me to learn from you. I am trying to upgrade my clothing style. No I am not trying to copy but clearly need to be more discerning and educated.

• At 2013.08.28 20:57, Susan said:

That dress looks wonderful on you! So flattering! And I love the pop of gold with your shoe. I really like a statement piece when the outfit is more neutral. Wearing a neutral dress is the best excuse for fun shoes!! Susan

• At 2013.08.29 12:44, ANDREA JOHNSON said:

I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU, YOU ARE SO STINKIN’ CUTE! LOVE YOUR STYLE SUCH A PRETTY LADY YOU ARE!

• At 2013.08.29 18:12, Kendra said:

You look great Cyndi! I’ve missed commenting but enjoyed a fabulous week with my husband & lil ones in the mountains… Then home to four days of company & now a crazy cold and cough. This mama has been on the go too much…. Haha. Appreciate u and ur blog as always tho’. Blessings!

• At 2013.08.29 20:07, Donna Lashkevich said:

You are so cute! I’m glad I found this blog. I love the fashion for over 40. I’m over 50(!) and I don’t care to look 20, but 40 would be nice! Lol!

• At 2013.09.08 07:42, Cassie said:

Cyndi, I am a 31 year old mother of four who tries her best to stay looking fashionable, but since having my last baby 5 months ago I’m having trouble with jeans. It seems like all the jeans are so low cut that it accentuates the waist and “love handle” area and I end up feeling like a sausage in my clothes. :) do you have any tips for fashionable jeans that are higher rise and yet still flattering?

• At 2013.09.10 14:28, Joyce said:

You always look so cute and stylish. I read in one of your posts that you always wear a tank under your tops. I like that idea very much. Would you mind telling me what kind you wear? Spanx or something else? I have large bust and I have to wear a bra and not just like a tank with a built in bra. But I really like that extra coverage you get when you wear a tank. I am looking for something to get rid of that “wrinkled ” look on my back from my bra. I want a more smooth look. Love your blog. Your messages are always uplifting. Thanks for any help you can give me.. Joyce