Fashion Over 40-What I Wore

Happy Hump Day! Today is Fashion Over 40-What I Wore. As a woman over 40, it’s sometimes hard to know what to wear. I’m trying to dress my age, not too old but not like a teenager.

Here are some of the outfits I wore this week.

Fashion Over 40-What I Wore

Tan blouse-TJ Maxx/Leopard print scart-Target/Earrings-Francesca’s/Jeans-TJ Maxx, DKNY/Black Booties-Zappo’s (similar here).

Fashion Over 40-What I Wore

Gray blouse-TJ Maxx/Chambray Shirt-JC Penney (similar here)/Skinny Jeans-TJ Maxx/Calvin Klein/Brown boots-Amazon

Fashion Over 40-What I Wore

Burgundy dress-TJ Maxx, Max Studio/Black Scarf-Walmart/Black boots-TJ Maxx (similar here).

I purchased this burgundy dress this past week at TJ Maxx. I always find dresses I love there.

Do you wear dresses? Where do you buy most of your dresses?

Beauty For the Heart~~“Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life; the quiet confidence that ultimately everything will be alright, and the determined choice to praise God in all things.” -Kay Warren

Linking to the Pleated Poppy

• At 2013.11.13 11:06, Ann said:

I love dresses! Your dresses here are very lovely. I purchase quite a few of my dresses from Boden and JJill. Thanks for such a wonderful site.

• At 2013.11.13 11:34, Carol said:

I love each of the looks – casual, but uptown. I too love scarves and boots. I wish I could wear dresses better, but there aren’t too many that look that great. I will try TJMaxx as I haven’t looked there. Love the quote by Kay Warren; Jesus loves our determined choice to praise Him in all things! Blessings to all today!

• At 2013.11.13 11:55, Cheryl said:

I got black booties like that at Kohl’s this year – on sale right now for $35.99. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1422358/sonoma-life-style-suede-wedge-booties-women.jsp They are pretty comfortable, considering that they have a 3″ wedge heel. Got them in chestnut, too, but am still trying to decide if I will keep them.

• At 2013.11.13 12:02, Christina @ The Frugal Homemaker said:

Love the longsleeve/3/4 sleeve dress! So hard to find winter dresses. Need to go visit TJMaxx! :)

• At 2013.11.13 12:21, Richella @ Imparting Grace said:

You always look good. I love the way you combine appropriate with fashionable. When I say “appropriate,” I mean you always look well-dressed for your age, modest, tasteful. You never look like you’re trying to grab attention, but you also look like you’re sure to attract attention of the good kind! Perfect balance! :)

• At 2013.11.13 12:23, teresa said:

These are some of my favs recently. All are so flattering and wearable for everyday.

• At 2013.11.13 14:22, Lisa D said:

All are adorable outfits. You look great. And I also love how your website now looks the same on my iPhone!! Yea

• At 2013.11.13 14:30, Misty said:

You look lovely! I have a harder time finding winter dresses, but usually have decent luck at Ross or TJ Maxx.

• At 2013.11.13 14:55, Gina Samia said:

Hi Cyndi.

I love the burgundy dress on you! That is definitely your color.

I have a couple of dresses from Athleta on my Christmas wish list. I’m hoping my hubby will actually use my list this year. LOL I love boots, so I want a couple of dresses to wear with the boots I’ve collected.

Have a great afternoon.

• At 2013.11.13 15:07, Gail said:

I think all the looks are great – but especially love the burgundy dress and everything with it!

• At 2013.11.13 15:37, Toni Johnson said:

I do not wear a lot of dresses, but I love that burgundy dress on you!!!

• At 2013.11.13 16:57, Amy said:

Cyndi~ you always look so classy! I strive to always dress modestly, so I appreciate your style so much. Thank you for always sharing! I stopped wearing dresses a few years ago, (because I have weight to lose) but have started again since reading your blog. :) I have bought a few at Target that I really love, but also from Boston of Chadwicks (a magazine)- I always find several things I love from them. Classy & tasteful.

• At 2013.11.13 17:00, sara swann said:

Cyndi,
                            Thanks for your post. I so much enjoy them. God Bless!

• At 2013.11.13 17:08, Amy said:

OOPs- I meant Chadwicks of Boston! Sorry! ;)

• At 2013.11.13 18:18, mary-ann said:

I love your style, its nice to see a blog for women over 40 . I bought a red dress for the holidays, wich I took it at sears. theres a store I love their dresses its called Cleo here in Canada. I don’t think they have that store in the states.

• At 2013.11.13 18:47, Janice said:

I’m interested in every thing you wear. Since I don’t work any more I don’t get to see that many people.

• At 2013.11.13 19:56, Versatile Style by Tracey said:

TJ Maxx is a great place for dresses and don’t forget they now sell online as well. I love dresses and thrift most of mine as there are so many options and such great pricing allows me to have collected quite an assortment. I love all three of these looks! The silhouette on the burgundy dress is Fabulous!

• At 2013.11.14 10:43, Shelley said:

You look so beautiful in that burgundy dress ( you look great in everything!), but I especially like the burgundy dress and the boots! I haven’t ever found much (anything) at TJ Maxx, but I may give it another try, since you find so many cute things there. JC Penneys, Kohls, Macy’s and sometimes Catos are my favorite places to shop near me. Thank you for sharing with us, you inspire me!

• At 2013.11.14 13:23, teresa said:

Mary-anne, wish we had Cleo here. My favourite coat is by Athleta, similar to the Cya, but longer, belted and dressier. I never thought to look for their clothes! If you have a gap outlet nearby, they sometimes carry their stuff as it’s the same ownership. Same for Banana Republic.

• At 2013.11.14 17:13, Donna L said:

You are so cute! And I’m inspired to stop looking like a slob!

• At 2013.11.17 07:56, Karol Be said:

Hello Cyndi! I love all your outfits! I have a question. The burgundy dress outfit….are you wearing black pantyhose or opaque tights? I am currently trying to build a professional wardrobe for work. Going from clinical (scrubs) to front desk professional attire. Thanks for all your good advise!

• At 2013.11.23 09:42, Joanne Jimenez said:

I just found your blog thru Pinterest & its what I’ve been looking for! You look current and age appropriate. I’m 46 yrs old and sometimes if frustrating going to stores and finding that everything looks so “young”! The burgundy dress is adorable. I don’t have a lot of luck at stores like TJMaxx or Marshalls but I do like stores like Banana Republic, Loft, Ann Taylor & my favorite is New York & Co. I love wearing dresses & I’m looking for ideas on how to layer them to wear them in the fall/winter. This is a great blog. Good luck!