How I Plan To Stay Healthy This Winter

This time of the year seems to breed colds and viruses. We stay indoors more because of the cold weather so it gives all those germs a better chance of getting us sick.

This year I’m trying to stay ahead of the game and keep myself healthy. I don’t have time to be sick!

Of course I’m going to do the usual things like exercise and eat healthy (although it’s hard during the holidays). But I’ve also added some other things that I believe are helping.

We recently had the stomach bug hit our house and I was the only one who didn’t get it. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I’m also the only one who takes doTerra vitamins and uses their toothpaste.

doTerra has a lifelong vitality pack of vitamins that I’ve been using for around 6 months and I think they’ve helped me to feel better and helped my energy level.

How I Plan To Stay Healthy This Winter

doTerra’s Lifelong Vitality supplements are formulated with potent levels of essential nutrients and powerful metabolic factors for optimal health, energy, and longevity.

Another product I use is doTerra’s natural whitening toothpaste. dōTERR’s fluoride-free toothpaste has the essential oil, On Guard.

How I Plan To Stay Healthy This Winter

On Guard is an oil blend that provides protective benefits against germs and other harmful pathogens. It helps kill harmful bacteria, mold, and viruses.

This OnGuard oil blend is highly popular and is used to help fight colds and for disinfecting. I love using my essential oils and I feel good about using something I know is healthy and safe.

If you’re interested in ordering any of these products you can go here.

Do you take vitamins? What are you doing to help stay healthy this winter?

Beauty For the Heart~~I’m studying the book of Job right now. Today I read Job 38. God is answering Job and I was reminded of this–God is in control and I.am.not.

Maybe you need to be reminded of that today too. As women, we sometimes think we can control things but truthfully we can’t, so it’s best to give it to God.

Here’s Job 38:2-11 from The Message version:

And now, finally, God answered Job from the eye of a violent storm. He said:

Why do you confuse the issue? Why do you talk without knowing what you’re talking about? Pull yourself together, Job! Up on your feet! Stand tall!

I have some questions for you, and I want some straight answers. Where were you when I created the earth? Tell me, since you know so much!

Who decided on its size? Certainly you’ll know that! Who came up with the blueprints and measurements?

How was its foundation poured, and who set the cornerstone, While the morning stars sang in chorus and all the angels shouted praise?

And who took charge of the ocean when it gushed forth like a baby from the womb? That was me! I wrapped it in soft clouds, and tucked it in safely at night.

Then I made a playpen for it, a strong playpen so it couldn’t run loose, And said, ‘Stay here, this is your place. Your wild tantrums are confined to this place.’

**There are affiliate links in this post.

• At 2013.12.05 09:09, Lee Ann said:

Well, I already have a cold. I usually get one around the season change and since I’m a teacher, it happens. Earlier in the week we had many students absent, but then they all came back yesterday. I had so many students coughing that I opened a window and gave each one a Clorox wipe to clean the desks.

• At 2013.12.05 09:58, Diana said:

I am already washing my hands more, make a conscious effort to not touch my face, stay away from crowds as much as possible, eat healthy as possible, take my vitamins (nothing extra but actually remember!) and this one is weird….I swab the inside of my nares with water when I wash my face to rinse away contaminants I have inhaled. I am a huge fan of the neti pot when the first thought of a cold comes along or I’ve been near sneezing people so in between those moments I swab my nasal passages! I spend a lot of time being THAT person who says cough/sneeze droplets can travel 3-12 feet! Yuck!!!

• At 2013.12.05 10:25, Tricia Rajewski said:

Question for you…. does the toothpaste taste minty and fresh? Anytime I have tried to use other natural toothpastes, I have felt like my mouth didn’t feel fresh.

• At 2013.12.07 06:08, Cyndi said:

Hmmm, that’s a hard question. It definitely tastes different but I’m not sure it’s minty fresh.
          I like minty fresh too, but I have sensitive teeth, so that always makes it worse.

• At 2013.12.05 10:39, Kendra said:

Yes we faithfully take vitamins… With 2 children in school and around tons of germs and stuff daily, we have only had a case of the sniffles this fall/winter!! We also load up on oranges and other vitamin C! Thx for that passage from Job… I need to remember that today. Blessings Cyndi and I appreciate your work on this blog!

• At 2013.12.05 14:18, Sharon O said:

I have been taking gummy vitamins, usually those big pills won’t work for me so I looked for something easier. I have been taking the ‘alive’ gummy ones but need to find some for over 50+ age as I am 59 and need different ingredients than someone in their 20′s.

• At 2013.12.05 16:24, Amy said:

I also now have doTerra essential oils! Getting ready to buy the toothpaste & veggie caps as well, so I can take On Guard in them, too. These oils are amazing! :) I take a multivitamin & wash hands faithfully. I need to work on eating better & excercising! This is the 1st Winter I haven’t received a flu shot in a long while, so I’m a bit nervous about that, but hoping doTerra does the job!

• At 2013.12.05 19:41, Heidi @ Decor & More said:

I just got over a terrible cold; every year is a battle, being in the classroom with little ones. :) I’ll have to look into this this, Cyndi!
                xo Heidi

• At 2013.12.06 02:52, teresa said:

I take a multi, C, aspirin and a few others in small amounts. I guess it must be working as I never seem to get sick. I think exercise helps a lot too, and eating well doesn’t hurt, either.
                  Btw, I’m surprised to see a flouride-free toothpaste here; I though that was the prime reason for using it.

• At 2013.12.07 06:10, Cyndi said:

Fluoride is important but a lot of people don’t like it because it’s a chemical. I’m assuming that’s why doTerra does not include it.
                    I don’t get a lot of cavities and I drink water with fluoride so I’m okay with it.
                    I hope that makes sense!

• At 2013.12.06 02:53, teresa said:

I forgot to include sleep in there. :)

• At 2013.12.06 11:23, Kim said:

Wish I could have avoided getting sick! I have been sick all this week with a really crappy cold! That occurs at least once to twice a year, since I have kids in school. We really push the hand-washing and wiping down the grocery cart, but I may not have done it at a department store. I most likely got this cold from my kid’s, they both had it first!

• At 2013.12.07 12:26, Lori said:

Ever since I started taking JuicePlus–I have not been sick. I don’t sell it but have a friend who does and so I decided to give it a try. I usually get strep throat once a year and haven’t had it since I started taking JP. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but it certainly has worked for me and my family.