Welcome to our 12 Days of Holiday Outfits series!! Today we’re going to talk about What to Wear in Family Photos.
First, let’s talk about 5 photo tips that will help you get ready for your pictures.
1. Coordinate but don’t match. Gone are the days when you want everyone in a white shirt and khaki pants. I know it was popular at one time but we’ve moved on. Try to be a little more creative!
2. Pick one focal piece. It’s good to have a child in a patterned outfit, you can use a floral dress for a girl or a plaid shirt for a boy. Then everyone else can pick colors from their pattern.
3. Textures are your friend. Add scarves, necklaces, vests, cardigans, or hats to your outfits. Layers & accessories add dimension to your photos.
4. Plan ahead. This is a no brainer but I’m typically a “fly by the seat of your pants girl” so I need this reminder. Pick out your outfits and then lay them out together and see what you need to add or take away.
5. Think classic and timeless. Remember you’ll keep these photos forever and fashion trends come and go. Think classic while picking out your outfits so they don’t instantly date you.
Now let me introduce you to Heather Ransdell Photography. (Heather took the photo of me that’s in my sidebar.)
She was nice enough to send me these photos she recently took and the families were gracious enough to let me share them with you!
I love the colors this family picked for their picture! They added texture with the daughter’s hair bow and her dress is the focal piece. Such cute kids!
Another great example of a family photo. The little boy has the focal piece and they built around him. The mom’s scarf adds some texture. Again, aren’t those kids adorable?
How cute are the hats? Not everyone could pull this off, but this family can. And again, their kids are adorable too!
I hope this gives you some ideas for family photos. I’m going to get on this for my family!!
How often do you have family photos taken??
Beauty For the Heart~~Our families know us better than anyone. They see our good and our bad! But as women, we need to make sure we’re showing our families love and grace. We have an influence with them that no one else has!
A man (or woman) ought to live so that everybody knows he’s a christian… and most of all, his family ought to know. -DL Moody
Have a blessed day!
**There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Walking in Grace & Beauty. Thank you!