****I know my email subscription has not been working right. I’m hoping I have fixed it!! I want you to be able to see my entire post. If you don’t, simply click on the title and it should take you to my blog. Thank you for your patience!!
Well, I thought it was time for a “clean eating” update. Many of you email me and ask if I’m still doing it and what am I eating?
Sooooo, first I’ll tell you yes, I’m still trying. It’s a lifestyle I love, but it’s not always feasible. I have been a little more flexible over the last few months. I still believe strongly in eating less processed food and more “real” food.
But I’ll also say, that it’s much easier said than done!
When I first started “clean eating”, I went a little crazy as I do with everything. I panicked if I couldn’t eat something “clean”. I realized I was stressing myself out and stressing my family out.
Life is too short to stress about everything. So I gave myself some grace. I wish I could be a total “clean eater” but I can’t or maybe I should say, I’m not.
Here’s what I still do:
- I try to buy as much organic (organic is not always “clean”) as possible. Of course this does get expensive and if I had a large family, I’m not sure I could do it.
- I rarely eat fast food. We do go out to eat at times but I try to go to a restaurant that has some healthy alternatives. Basically, McDonald’s is not on my go to list unless it’s for coffee.
- I still limit my sugar intake. I use honey and 100% maple syrup. I also use organic sugar, I’m assuming this is better than regular sugar. I still love these no bake energy bites!
- I read labels! I try to buy items with the fewest ingredients and I buy fresh or frozen vegetables.
- I stay away from artificial sweeteners. I gave up diet coke a long time ago. I drink water and black coffee. I know, I’m boring.
I’m a creature of habit. It doesn’t bother me to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday. I know some people like variety but I just want simple and easy.
For breakfast, I eat organic cereal and add chia seeds. I use organic milk and sweeten it with honey or maple syrup. I eat this almost everyday! I love it!
Lunch is harder. I try to eat salads, or tuna. Lately, I’ve been on a grilled cheese and avocado kick. I use flax seed bread (not clean), mozzarella cheese, sliced avocado and a slice of tomato. I fix it like a grilled cheese and I love it. It’s not completely clean but healthy.
Dinner is easier. I can fix a meat with vegetables and be pretty “clean”. We don’t eat a lot of breads for dinner. This summer will be so much easier because my Dad has a garden so we have lots of fresh veggies and we grill most of the summer.
So that’s where I am. I’ve been so busy lately, I haven’t had to time to try any new recipes. I do still love smoothies. They’re so easy and delicious!
Anyone else still trying to “clean eat”? I’d love to hear how you’re doing!
Beauty for the Heart~~I was reading this verse and I was struck by “and I will keep it to the end.” I often talk about how we usually begin our journey with Christ, well. But more importantly how will we finish? I want to finish well too!
Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. Psalm 119:33 (ESV)
Have a blessed day!Pin It