Hi friends! Today is What I Wore-Fashion for Women Over 40. I’m absolutely giddy because I was able to get outside and take my pictures this week! This porch swing has been covered in snow most of the winter. I love sitting out here (my sweet daddy made this swing and it was on my […]Pin It
Happy Hump Day! It’s been one of those crazy weeks for me so I only have one outfit for my Fashion Over 40 post. Partly because some of what I wore, you’ve seen. It’s getting toward the end of the season and I’m tired of my winter clothes. Can anyone relate? We are having a […]Pin It
If you were to ask me what I think every women over 40 should wear to help her look her best, hands down, it would be shapewear. Shapewear lifts, smooths, molds, minimizes and helps us hide those extra unwanted pounds. Basically, shapewear is our secret weapon! One of my essential shapewear pieces, is the basic […]Pin It
I love to get emails from you all about how to style a certain outfit. I recently was asked how to style the wrap dress. It’s no secret that I love the wrap dress. Why? Because it’s a timeless piece that’s flattering on almost every body type. So when I got this email from Krista, “I […]Pin It
I’m continuing my body shapes series and today we’re talking about the Pear Body Type. It’s also called the triangle body type. In case you’re wondering, I’m a pear. Here are the characteristics of the Pear Body Type. Do any of these describe you? Narrower shoulders and upper torso; weight gain can be seen in hips, […]Pin It
Today I’m beginning a weekly series on Dressing Your Body Type. God made each of us unique! We have different shapes and sizes and knowing what to wear for your body type will help you feel and look your best!
Let’s begin with the Apple Body Type. Do any of these describe you?
1. Wider back and upper body
2. Medium to large bust
3. No defined waist and a bit of a tummy
4. Thinner legs and a flatter bottom
This is a great picture~~
Here are some guidelines on what the apple body type can wear. Remember these are only guidelines and they’re a good starting point.
- First, get measured for a properly fitted bra. Lifting the bust line is important and will help to start the waist definition.
- Create vertical lines and an illusion of a longer torso by wearing long necklaces, v-necks, embellished necklines, and shoulder details that draw the eye up.
- Conceal tummy bulge by wear tunics or empire cut tops and dresses that skim over your midsection.
- A-line and knee length skirts
- Wear boot cut and flared pants to create an even line from the shoulders down.
- Statement necklaces and earrings
- Wear belts at the smallest part of your waistline
- Wear monochromatic looks
- Wedge heels look best on you
The top clothes for the apple body type to avoid:
- Big, shapeless garments
- Big puffer or bulky jackets and coats
- Tight clingy T-shirts
- High necklines
- High waisted pants
- Short boxy tops
To continue reading go here.Pin It