To begin the new year, I’m talking about the different body types of women. To dress with confidence, we need to know what looks best on our body type. Remember God made each of us unique!
On Tuesday, we discussed the Apple body type. Today, we’re moving on to the Banana body type. This is also referred to as the rectangle body type. (If I could pick, this is the one I would want.)
Here are the characteristics of the Banana Body Type. Do any of these describe you?
- Your shoulders, waist and hips are all about the same width
- You have a small- medium bust
- You are balanced and your waist is not defined
- You tend to put on weight in the stomach especially after menopause
Here are some guidelines on what the banana body type can wear. Remember these are only guidelines and they’re a good starting point.
As a banana body type you will want to create more curves to bring out your feminine side. You can do this by wearing clothes that help define the waist.
- Wear tops and jackets that emphasize the waist
- Wear a belted coat
- Strong blocks of color help define your body
- Tops that are boat neck or scooped neck look best. Highlight with a statement necklace.
- Jackets that taper and end right below the waist create curves. A belted jacket is the best.
- You will likely look good in A line dresses and pencil skirts
- Loose dresses with waist defining belts
- Skinny jeans will look good on your body type
- Slightly flared trousers will also look great on you as it will add more shape to your body
- For shoes go with the rounded look in flats and pumps
Clothes for the banana body type to avoid:
- Plain straight dresses in plain colors
- Avoid shapeless clothes
- Avoid anything that is boxy
I think I try to dress like I’m a banana, but I’m a pear. Yikes!
Are you a banana? Does this describe you?
Beauty For the Heart~~“We are sent to bless the world, but we are never told to compromise with it.” -AW Tozer
Have a blessed day!Pin It