Here are the characteristics of the Inverted Triangle Type. Do any of these describe you?
- You have broad shoulders
- Narrow hips and relatively slender limbs
- Some inverted triangle body types have a straight waist and a flat-ish bottom
- Others have a defined waist line and curvier bottom
- Bust size can vary
You are a rare breed because the inverted triangle is the least common body type found amongst women.
Here are some guidelines on what the Inverted Triangle body type can wear. Remember these are only guidelines and they’re a good starting point.
Your goal: draw attention to your lower body and minimize your upper body
- Dresses with the empire cuts, wrap dresses and high-waist puffy skirts will look great on you
- The best pants for an inverted triangle are bootcut or relaxed fit pants with a wider hemline
- Pants with pocket flaps on the back will help your bottom look bigger as your body type tends to have a small bottom
- Keep the lapels on jackets and coats small or mid size and relatively refined
- Always go for darker colors on the top and lighter colors on the bottom
- V-neck or scoop-neck tops will draw attention away from your broad shoulders
- A clean and simple style on the top is always best for this body shape
- Avoid colorful scarves, and statement necklaces that will attract the attention to your shoulder area
- Long pendant necklaces will create a focus in the centre of the body
Clothes for the inverted triangle body type to avoid:
- Oversized collars and lapels tend to make shoulders look broader
- Don’t wear boat neck tops
- Don’t wear thin spaghetti-strap tops
- Stay away from puffy sleeves and shoulder pads
So have you figured out your body type? You could be a mixture of two of the body types.
Beauty For the Heart~~One of my readers said to share Deuteronomy 31:8 with my daughter, Courtney. It’s a beautiful verse so I thought I’d share it with you too.
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Someone needs to hear those words today!
Have a blessed day!Pin It