Here’s the best advice I can give you when it comes to eyeshadow–stick with the “less is more” beauty rule. Too much eyeshadow will age you.
Here are 6 eyeshadow tips for women over 40:
- DON’T match your eyeshadow to your outfit. A definite no no.
- DO wear soft color eyeshadows like browns, pinks and neutrals in soft pretty shades. Often times a slight hint of color is all your eyes need to really pop.
- DO use an eyeshadow primer to smooth the surface and give your eye shadow staying power. I use Cover Fx Anti-aging Smoothing Eye Primer.
- DON’T paint three distinct colors on your lid with the last one being a pearly white shadow on your brow bone. This is an outdated look.
- DO sweep a neutral shade across the eyes by day. If you like a little more color, apply a darker shade to the crease to add definition. You really don’t need more than 2 colors on your lids.
- DON’T use shiny eyeshadows or shadows with glitter. These will only accentuate any wrinkles you have around your eyes.
Remember we are trying to keep our face looking soft and natural.
Most women our age look good in some shade of brown. If you’re eyes are green–brown with a khaki undertone. Blue eyes–a sand or taupe eyeshadow. Brown eyes–a light charcoal brown works well.
Do you wear eyeshadow? What’s your favorite eyeshadow? Color? Brand?
Beauty For the Heart~~I’ve started a new Bible study called Glorious Grace from the book of Ephesians. Where would we be without grace?
But God loves us deeply. He is full of mercy. So he gave us new life because of what Christ has done. He gave us life even when we were dead in sin. God’s grace has saved you. Ephesians 2:4-5 (NIRV)
Have a grace filled day!
***There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Walking in Grace & Beauty. Thank you!Pin It