Happy Memorial Day! I hope your day consists of some outdoor summer fun! But I hope you also take time to reflect on the sacrifices that have been made for us by our military. I’m so thankful for the men and women who have fought and died for our freedoms. They are heroes! This is […]
There are a lot of things that change after turning 40. One of the things that surprised me was my eyelashes became thinner, shorter and lighter.
Most days I use mascara and an eyelash curler to add shape, length and volume. But sometimes if I’m going somewhere special I enhance my eyelashes a little more with false eyelashes.
False eyelashes have come a long way! They look more natural than ever and are easy to apply!
Here’s how to apply false eyelashes so they look as natural as possible.
You’ll need false eyelashes (duh), a Q-tip (or a toothpick), tweezers, and glue. I use the Ardell brand and I’ve used several different ones. Today I’m using the #105 Glamour length. If you want something a little less subtle try #110 or the demi whispies.
First I put my eyeliner on my eyes and one coat of mascara to my natural eyelashes. Then I remove the false eyelashes with a tweezer. Be careful not to pull any lashes out.
Next I put a drop of glue on a piece of paper. You only need a small amount, I always squirt too much out!
I use a Q-tip to apply the glue to the lash line on the false lashes. I always try to add extra to the ends. I want to make sure they don’t come loose.
After you have placed the glue on the false eyelashes, let the glue dry for about 30 seconds (it’s best not to blow on them.) Then carefully apply on the lid as close to the roots of your natural lash line as possible.
I apply them from the outer corner of my eye inward, pressing lightly. The white glue dries clear, so don’t freak out if you see glue, it will disappear.
Once the false eyelashes are applied, let them dry for a couple minutes and then add mascara to blend them in with your real ones.
This is a picture I took a several months ago without false eyelashes.
T continue reading go here.
In case you’re heading out to shop today, here are some last minute stocking stuffers or gift ideas. Any girl who loves makeup and fashion would love these!
1. Urban Decay Naked3-great eyeshadow!
2. Sephora Collection Heated Eyelash Curler-great for anyone who has straight eyelashes.
3. InStyle Magazine-This is one of my favorite magazines. Pop one in a stocking or you can get a subscription to the magazine.
4. Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush #49-This is my favorite blush brush.
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil-This is my favorite eye pencil. I use
I love all these items! They would make great stocking stuffers and I’m sure you can still find them if you’re doing some last minute shopping today.
Beauty For the Heart~~“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Have a blessed day!
Good Monday Morning!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I know a lot of you went Black Friday shopping but I decided to decorate my house for Christmas, so I didn’t go this year.
I did purchase one thing on Black Friday and I did it online. Of course it wasn’t a Christmas gift, it was for me so I’m not sure that counts.
So passionate about it, that she’s created her own line of makeup!
Cara created a IIID foundation. It has the contouring foundation and the highlighter concealer all in one compact. I can’t wait to try it!
She also has a cream blush (cream blush is great for women over 40!) and an illuminator.
If you’re interested in purchasing any of this, you can go here. I will be sharing more about the makeup when I try it. I’ll definitely let you know how it looks.
So that’s my one Black Friday purchase. I’m hoping to order some Christmas gifts online today for Cyber Monday!
There are some great deals!
To continue reading go here.
I feel like I’m on a mission to find the best eye concealer. Believe me, when I say I’ve tried a lot of eye concealers.
The people at Sephora know me by name. I buy, I try, and then I return it. It’s getting embarrassing.
Of course it is a worthy mission, right? An eye concealer can make you or break you.
Well, here is where I am right now. I’ve written about eye concealers before and I’ve thought I found THE ONE. But then I use it for several months and I change my mind (imagine that!).
There’s one product I have consistently used and I love it. This one is a must for me.
I use Lemon Aid to cover up my dark circles. It’s a correcting cream that helps eyes look refreshed.
Next I use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard)
Radiant Creamy Concealer is a multi-action formula that instantly obscures imperfections, blurs the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and hides dark circles and signs of fatigue.
To continue reading go here.
It’s a busy time of the year! We’re getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas and most of us will be getting together with our friends and families.
Although we have lots to do, we still want to feel and look good. So here are 5 Quick Tips to Look Your Best!
1. Add some bangs-Have you ever seen a before and after makeover on someone over 40? They almost always add bangs whether it’s side swept or straight across, bangs soften your face.
While you’re at it, you might want to stay clear from a center part. A side part softens your look.
2. Fill in your eyebrows. As we age, we begin to lose our eyebrows. But eyebrows are important and help frame our face. So, it’s important to fill them in. I use an eyeshadow by Mac called Brun to fill in my eyebrows. Do NOT draw a line. We want them to look as natural as possible.
3. Lighten your lipstick and add some gloss. Another thing that will take years off of you is to lighten your lipstick. Dark lipsticks age us, period. I know dark lipsticks can be “in style.” But for the over 40 crowd, dark lipsticks are not good. Lip gloss is a youthful look.
4. Use a makeup primer-A lot of women skip this step in their makeup routine, but a foundation primer preps the skin prior to foundation application and facilitates blending and extended wear.
The Cover /Fx anti-aging primer has added benefits. This reparative primer hydrates and smoothes skin to blur the appearance of fine lines and pores.
To continue reading go here.