I always get emails about makeup, what are you using, what’s your favorite brand, etc. I have to admit, I love change when it comes to makeup. When I was younger I would stick to a certain brand like Clinique or Bobbi Brown and use all of their products. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized […]Pin It
I love to experiment with makeup. I’m not a makeup artist but I’ve always wanted to be one. I could spend hours on the computer watching makeup videos. One of the things I’ve started doing in the last year is to contour and highlight my face.
Contouring and highlighting has been around a long time. What does it actually do? It helps sculpt your face to enhance your natural shadows and bone structure.
Here are the areas I contour and highlight:
- To slim your nose: apply a contouring shade on each side of your nose, blending carefully, and the highlighter down the center of your nose. (I just highlight my nose most of the time but contouring on each side will slim your nose.)
- To enhance the cheekbones: suck in your cheeks, apply a darker shade to the hollows and a highlighter to the top of the cheekbones. Then apply blush as normal.
- To contour the forehead: apply a light bronzer to each temple and blend upward. This will create a shadow effect causing the head to look more rounded. Highlight in the center above the brows.
- For a small, thin chin: apply highlighter to the center of the chin, directly under the center of the lip.
- To minimize a double chin which starts to happen as we age: apply bronzer along the jaw line and blend it down, towards your neck. This creates depth and helps to strengthen the jaw line.
They have several colors to choose from and I plan to get a couple more to wear this spring!Pin It
I’m always, always looking for products that will help with my dark circles. The older I get the more they seem to be showing up. Ugh! I know there are things that can help such as sleep, drinking lot of water, eating healthy etc. but on those days that some of these things are lacking I […]Pin It
One of the things I’ve realized is that the makeup I wore in my 20s and 30s doesn’t always work now that I’m in my 40s. Cream blush is one of the things I’ve added to my makeup routine over the last several years. When I first started using it, I wasn’t crazy about it. […]Pin It
I told you on Tuesday that I wanted to be a little more organized in my home life but also on my blog. So, I thought I’d dedicate Thursdays to makeup. Things like makeup tips, makeup I’m using, and makeup I like. Of course I’ll be gearing it towards women over 40. Today, I’m sharing […]Pin It