I always get emails about makeup, what are you using, what’s your favorite brand, etc. I have to admit, I love change when it comes to makeup. When I was younger I would stick to a certain brand like Clinique or Bobbi Brown and use all of their products. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized […]
By 8 Comments
I love to experiment with makeup. I’m not a makeup artist but I’ve always wanted to be one. I could spend hours on the computer watching makeup videos. One of the things I’ve started doing in the last year is to contour and highlight my face.
Contouring and highlighting has been around a long time. What does it actually do? It helps sculpt your face to enhance your natural shadows and bone structure.
Here are the areas I contour and highlight:
- To slim your nose: apply a contouring shade on each side of your nose, blending carefully, and the highlighter down the center of your nose. (I just highlight my nose most of the time but contouring on each side will slim your nose.)
- To enhance the cheekbones: suck in your cheeks, apply a darker shade to the hollows and a highlighter to the top of the cheekbones. Then apply blush as normal.
- To contour the forehead: apply a light bronzer to each temple and blend upward. This will create a shadow effect causing the head to look more rounded. Highlight in the center above the brows.
- For a small, thin chin: apply highlighter to the center of the chin, directly under the center of the lip.
- To minimize a double chin which starts to happen as we age: apply bronzer along the jaw line and blend it down, towards your neck. This creates depth and helps to strengthen the jaw line.
By 8 Comments
They have several colors to choose from and I plan to get a couple more to wear this spring!
By 3 Comments
By 12 Comments
By 27 Comments