Our weather has been pretty chilly lately. Last night it was cold and we even had a thunderstorm. I was reminded how quickly a thunderstorm can pop up. Not only can thunderstorms pop up quickly but so can life storms.
Death, financial difficulties, family issues, marital problems, a health crisis~~all of these can be scary life storms.
As I was reading my scripture this morning I read Mark 4:39, He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. No matter what storms in life come our way, Jesus is in control.
Here are some things I had written in my Bible about this passage:
- Storms are inevitable! We all have them and we need to be prepared by spending time with the One who can help us.
- Storms are unpredictable. One day everything can be sunny and perfect and the next day we have a crisis. So where do we turn?
- Storms are impartial. He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45 NKJV.
- Storms build our strength. I don’t know about you but the times I’ve grown the closest to Christ are through the storms. The storms in my life have changed me and made me realize how much I need a Savior.
- We need to be in the boat with Jesus. Okay, we know storms will come so the best place to be is with Him. Maybe the boat doesn’t seem safe to us but if Jesus is there that’s right where we need to be.
I don’t like the storms but I know it’s a part of this journey and I choose to face them with Jesus.
Are you facing any storms today? How do you handle life storms?
Have a blessed Sunday!