Good morning! I hope you had a great 4th of July! With all the sun and heat, I’ve noticed it’s taking a toll on my hair. I already have extremely dry hair and being outside in the sun makes it even worse. I also use a flat iron on my hair everyday and have my hair colored every 4 to 5 weeks. I have a few (wink!) gray hairs so I have to have my hair colored.
Because my hair is feeling extremely dry, I’ve decided to add some products to my daily hair care routine and make sure I’m following a few hair care tips that will help keep my hair healthy.
Here are some tips and products I’m using this summer:
1. L’Oreal Paris EverStrong Overnight Treatment, 3.4-Fluid Ounce. I’ve just started using this and I love the way it makes my hair feel.
You put one to two pumps of the treatment on your hair before you go to bed at night. You will wake up to stronger hair. This lightweight gel-serum formula conditions hair leaving it soft and silky.
2. Use a serum before applying any heat to your hair and to protect it from getting damaged. Serums will keep your hair ultra-shiny, silky, smooth, and frizz-free. I haven’t always done this but because I use a flat iron so often I’ve decided to try this serum, Got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm with Gloss Finish, 6.8-Ounce (Pack of 2).
3. Take vitamins and drink plenty of water! Water promotes health in every area of the body and it cleanses out unwanted enzymes. Also, try taking vitamins, E and A are the best for skin and hair health.
4. Invest in an ionic hair dryer. Ordinary hair dryers dry your hair out by drying up the water and the moisture in your hair. Ionic hair dryers use ions to soften and shine your hair. It works with the water and the moisture leaving your hair soft, shiny, and a lot healthier!
5. Get your hair trimmed every 3 to 5 months. Okay, I get my hair trimmed much more often because I get my hair colored. But it’s important to trim your hair to remove split ends.
These 5 tips and products can help your hair look healthy and shiny this summer!
Do you have any products that you use to help keep your hair healthy? I’d love to know what you use!