5 Beauty Tips To Get Us Ready For Spring!

Although the weather has not started showing signs of spring here, I know warmer weather is right around the corner. So today I’m sharing 5 Beauty Tips To Get Us Ready For Spring.

5 Beauty Tips To Get Us Ready For Spring

1. Exfoliate-After a long, cold winter my body needs lots of exfoliating. I have a wonderful homemade exfoliant I’ve been using that a friend gave me. I’ll share the recipe with you soon.

2. Moisturize and hydrate-Do you suffer from dry skin? My hands, elbows, knees etc. need extra moisturizing this time of the year. I’m also trying to drink lots of water to help my skin look it’s best.

I’ve been using St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin as a body lotion and I really like it.

5 Beauty Tips To Get us ready for Spring!

3. Get a pedicure-Sandal weather will be here soon and nothing looks worse than putting them on with cracked heels and chipped polish. Now is the time to get those toes and feet looking good whether you have a pedicure or do your own.

4. Use a self-tanner-I’m not a fan of tanning beds and although I do love to get out in the sun, I limit my sun exposure. Self tanners are perfect for sundresses and shorts weather.

I’m using SUN LABORATORIES Self Tanning Lotion Tan Overnight – Medium

5 Beauty Tips To Get Us Ready For Spring!

5. Lighten up your makeup-One of the trends this spring is a more natural look so put away heavy foundations, dark lipsticks (women over 40 shouldn’t be wearing dark lipsticks anyway) and opt for lighter look. BB creams are still popular and I’m on the hunt for a  good one.

These are my 5 beauty tips to get us ready for spring, what do you do to prepare for spring weather?

Beauty For the Heart~~I read this last week and thought it was true, “Christians need to guard constantly against the tendancy toward complacency and indifference about our relationship with God.” We always need to strive to be more like Christ!

**Disclosure: Actions you take from some of the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for cyndispivey.com.

• At 2013.03.05 10:25, Bobbi said:

Definitely the self tanner, we’re being teased with Spring weather. Wore shorts on Saturday!

• At 2013.03.05 15:41, Cyndi Spivey said:

Wow!! That sounds awesome! Can’t wait until shorts weather.

• At 2013.03.05 11:03, Richella @ Imparting Grace said:

Love this, Cyndi! In addition to a good self-tanner, I also like Sally Hansen’s spray-on tan. I use it on my legs only. I appreciate the fact that it makes me look a little bit tanned with very little effort.

• At 2013.03.05 11:04, Richella @ Imparting Grace said:

Oh, and I can’t wait to see the recipe for exfoliator!

• At 2013.03.05 13:32, Andrea said:

I’m gearing up for warmer weather, beauty wise, as well. I’m starting with the hunt for a lighter weight foundation and self tanning lotion for my white legs.

Speaking of BB Cream, Estee Lauder has a new on out. There are plenty of reviews to browse through on their website. You might also consider finding a department store near you that sells Estee Lauder and see if they can set you up with samples to take home. That’s always a nice way to try it out before purchasing.

Andrea

• At 2013.03.05 15:42, Cyndi Spivey said:

I’m looking for a good BB cream too Andrea. I’ve also heard that Bobbi Brown makeup has a good one.

• At 2013.03.05 14:02, Ashley said:

I have been wanting to try SUN products. It will have to wait for now..I try not to use extra ‘chemicals’ when I am pregnant and even when I am nursing. I am due in June so this Spring/Summer will be hard :/ I have some glow lotion that I LOVE to use but it has a form of retinol in it which is a no no in pregnancy…bummer.

• At 2013.03.05 15:43, Cyndi Spivey said:

That baby will be worth it. Who cares about a tan when you get to snuggle a newborn.

• At 2013.03.05 14:37, Heather said:

I have been using Garnier BBCream and I have been really happy with it. It is also fairly inexpensive so it was worth paying for even just to try.

• At 2013.03.05 15:43, Cyndi Spivey said:

I agree Heather. I love Garnier BB cream. It’s a great one to try.

• At 2013.03.05 15:33, Gina said:

Hi Cyndi.

I’m planning to give self tanner another shot myself. I always have a problem with it settling in the pore of my skin on my legs…drives me crazy! :) I may give yours a try.

Hope you have a great rest of your week.

• At 2013.03.05 15:44, Cyndi Spivey said:

I’m still trying it out Gina, I’ll give it a review on my blog soon!

• At 2013.03.05 15:44, Cyndi Spivey said:

I’m still trying it out Gina, I’ll give it a review on my blog soon!

• At 2013.03.05 18:25, Shari said:

Last summer I joined a tanning salon that had the spray tan booth….it’s the only way I can achieve a smooth “tan” that’s safe. It sprays a fine mist of self-tanner, then it blows a fan on you so you can dress immediately. I am terrible with self-tanners at home :( I can’t wait for spring!!!

• At 2013.03.05 20:38, Judith Hall said:

Hi Cyndi girl, This winter in particular, my poor body has been D-R-Y! After showering, I use a HEAVY duty cocoa butter cream, yet evening, my legs already have dry flaky skin on them. I’m going to have to check out using an exfoliant.
                      My feet always need extra attention come Spring, I saw a fun color of nail polish, I’m going to take with me for my first pedicure. It’s from Orly, I believe it is called, “Frisky”.

• At 2013.03.05 21:11, Lori said:

What is a BB cream?

• At 2013.03.06 08:16, Shari said:

I love the concept of BB cream, but unfortunately I’ve been unable to find one that doesn’t break me out. :-/ The same with primers. I’m not sure which ingredient it is, but I’ve finally given up & just use coconut oil, which seems to do much the same thing for me, without breakouts. Of course, it doesn’t even out the tone, it just helps things go on more smoothly.

• At 2013.03.06 08:32, Robin said:

I am very fair so, sometimes BB creams look muddy. I love Dr. Jart. I get it at Sephora. It’s amazing! One color and it adjusts. So when I do tan a little, I won’t have to buy another one. I have tried so many and this is simply the best.

• At 2013.03.06 09:58, Shari said:

I am wondering which Dr. Jart you use. I went to the website and there are several BB creams. Thanks!!

• At 2013.03.06 18:28, Beth Culverhouse said:

Just found your blog today- so glad I did! On the subject of BB cream- I have been using Origins BB cream. I have very sensitive skin but I really like this product and haven’t had any problems with it.

• At 2013.03.11 06:46, Spring 2013 Nail color said:

[...] thought about the spring colors I had seen, and I knew neutrals and pastels were in so I picked a light pink for my nails (I [...]

• [...] each season brings new trends with makeup, most of them are not things that we need to [...]

• [...] Spring is officially in full swing so I’m pulling out the white pants. White is such a great versatile color and it looks like it’s going to be very popular this season. I love wearing white pants but sometimes wearing them can be a little tricky. [...]

• At 2013.05.10 20:16, Isabel said:

5. Lighten up your makeup-One of the trends this spring is a more natural look so put away heavy foundations, dark lipsticks (women over 40 shouldn’t be wearing dark lipsticks anyway) and opt for lighter look. BB creams are still popular and I’m on the hunt for a good one. What????? ” A woman over 40 shouldn’t be wearing dark lipstick” what are you talking about, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard…