5 Ways To Update Your Summer Look

I’ve been going through my closet and pulling out my clothes from last summer. Do you ever look at your clothes and wonder what you wore? I do!

5 Ways To Update Your Summer Look.jpg.jpg
I can’t purchase all new clothes but I do have some basic pieces I’d like to update with some accessories for the coming summer season.

What are some pieces I could add that would update my summer look? I’m glad you asked!

Here are 5 Ways to Update Your Summer Look that will have you looking stylish and chic this summer.

1. A Summer Tote- I’ve been seeing these pop up everywhere and I love a summer tote. They carry all my essentials and I usually buy one and carry it most of the summer. This year I purchased a tote from Stella & Dot .

summer tote
2. A Summer SandalShoes can make all the difference so update your look with these summer sandals. I love these from Banana Republic.

summer shoe
3. A Statement Necklace- Nothing can add style to your outfit like a statement necklace. This one is from Banana Republic.

statement necklace
4. Sunglasses- We’ve talked about trends in sunglasses so pick out a trendy pair like these aviator sunglasses from JCPenney because you’ll be wearing them a lot this summer!

sunglasses
5. A Summer Scarf- You know how much I love wearing scarfs and summer is still a good time to add them to your wardrobe. The fabric is light and can add color to any outfit.

summer scarf
Are you ready for summer? Which of these are your favorite summer accessory?

Beauty for the Heart~~Mornings are my favorite time of the day. I’m up before the sun and in the quiet of the morning I see God’s handiwork as the sun starts to come up.

Psalm 24:1 reminds me, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.”

***There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Walking in Grace & Beauty. Thank you!

Comments

1. Love that scarf and it is on my wish list…….though I have no idea how to wear it……can you share how you might wear this particular scarf? Thanks!

2. Beth Harris says:

Great ideas Cyndi! I love it all! Thank you! Beth

3. Denise says:

Good morning,
    Not up before the sun this morning, but I am a morning person too. For the same reasons there is just something about the quiet before the start of the day. Love all of your suggestions for quick updates to your wardrobe.
    Just got aviators at the Loft last weekend. I have been eyeing that statement necklace from BR. I love the scarf, where did you get it from? It looks light and summery.

4. Great tips, Cyndi! Hope you have a blessed day!
    xo Heidi

5. I recently bought summer sandals, as I needed some flat options… As a woman who loves scarves, I steer clear of them in summer due to high temps and sticky humidity… Sometimes I add them as belts, though.

6. Suzanne says:

Bertie, I agree. Check out these summer totes from different sites all for under $30. http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/814644/cute-summer-tote-bags-under-30-1

7. Bertie DeWane says:

I was ready to hop over and order the tote until I saw the price. It’s a personal problem of mine, but I can’t justify that much for a summer purse. Actually, I can’t justify that price for a year-round purse. But I love all your tips from today. Going to TJ Maxx Home Goods this weekend and look for a tote that I don’t mind turning loose of a more reasonable amount of $$ for my purse.

8. Lori Jacobs says:

Everything is so cute! I love the scarf and in our Wisconsin weather I still wear them all the time. I wish spring would hurry up and get here!

9. Debbie Dunbar says:

Great tips. I love all of those things!

10. teresa says:

I love all of these, especially the sandals. The scarf is great, but I find they’re too much if I’m spending anytime at all outdoors. Sometimes even going from car to building is stifling! I’m still wearing warm clothing…I wish the weather would decide what it’s doing.

11. Julie Renfroe says:

love the tote!!!! I love to add summer pops of color to my wardrobe.

12. Love a summer tote, mine is Spartina and is sooo cute, was my mother’s day last year and going to use it again this summer. Like the style of the sunglasses, but do think it is well worth the money to invest in good polarized sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection. Florida girls, protect those peepers! Love all your essentials! I am 5-2 and haven’t found that the statement necklaces work for me, a little much for this shorty :)

13. I LOVE that scarf – and the shoes, and the tote, and all of this! I am in need of a summer tote and I have never seen the ones from Stella and Dot! I need to check out their site! Thanks for the great tips! Susan

Trackbacks

1. […] to know about a few things that will spice up your summer wardrobe? Check out this post from Cyndi at Walking in grace and […]