Do you ever look at your face and go hmm…I’m aging. I have to be honest, I do. I’m never going to look 20 or even 30 again but there are some beauty secrets that will take years (okay, maybe not years but you can look better) off your face.
I’m going to be real honest with you ladies. Yesterday, I was sharing about a necklace I recently bought and I took this close up of the necklace. I didn’t post it because of the wrinkles around my eyes. Yep, it’s true!
I could have easily fixed this in my photoshopping. I could have smoothed out those wrinkles. But that’s dishonest and in the grand scheme of life they’re just wrinkles.
There are much, much bigger issues in life! Those wrinkles are from 45 years of laughter and tears. I laugh hard, but I also cry hard. They’re from staying up half the night with babies that are teething or running a fever, sleepless nights from worrying about my teenagers, losses in my life, and now the joy and laughter from being a grandmother and I wouldn’t trade any of it!
I’m tired of seeing so much photoshopping done because it makes us feel we should all look like the models in the magazines. It’s not realistic!
I want to celebrate life and enjoy each stage. But if your like me you, you probably want to look and feel your best.
So, today I’m sharing some beauty secrets that will help you look and feel younger.
1. Start with your skin. “Your makeup is only going to look as good as your skin,” says celebrity makeup artist Sandy Linter. Taking care of your skin is key to helping you look and feel good. I don’t think you have to spend hundreds of dollars either. Some of my favorite skin care products are from the Regenerist line from Oil of Olay.
2. Wear Makeup. There’s definitely a fine line between wearing too much and wearing the right amount. But wearing foundation, concealer, a little blush and mascara can help you look younger. You don’t have to spend hours on your makeup but just a little can go a long way!
3. Use a Bronzer. The trick is to create a subtle healthy glow, not a deep savage tan. When you apply the bronzer don’t sweep it all over the face, instead apply it on areas where you will look naturally contoured. For a fresh, youthful look, apply the bronzer on the temples, and right under the cheekbones and a little on your jawline. This creates a tanned look that will appear light and modern, and will keep you looking younger.
is a great inexpensive bronzer to use.
4. Add Color To Your Cheeks. Adding color to your cheeks can give you a youthful glow but make sure you apply it correctly. The older you are, the higher up on your cheekbones you should focus the color. Don’t apply it to the apple of your cheeks that looked cute in your 20′s but it’s not enough definition for older women.
5. Get a Good Night’s Sleep! Yep, that’s right. I’m reading more and more about how a good nights sleep helps fight aging. It’s also good for your mood, your heart, and your overall health. So, stop staying up so late and get some shut eye. It will do your face some good! ( I realize if you have young children this could be a problem but this too shall pass. )
Okay, let’s be truthful, does aging bother you? Would you ever do anything more drastic??