What I Wore

Happy Hump Day! Boy, am I ready for some Fall “What I Wore” posts. I’m a little tired of my summer clothes. I’ve been organizing (my friend Becky would be very proud of me) my closet so I’m wearing several things I found in there and haven’t worn all summer. It seems to have a black theme but thankfully I saved myself and popped some color in the last picture.

I’ve had this zebra print collared shirt for several years. I think I purchased it at Stein Mart but it’s been so long I’m not sure. BTW, I never (obviously that’s not true, I had to once) shop at Stein Mart. Do any of you all?

Capris~Banana Republic outlet

Black sandals~Kohl’s

Jean vest~Goodwill

Black dress~Kohl’s, several years ago

White tank~Banana Republic outlet

Black sandals~Shoe Carnival

Blank top~not sure where I purchased this. I’ve had it for several years

Skinny Jeans~Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s

Gold bracelet~Macy’s

Leopard print flats~Target

Coral top~JCPenney

Jean capris~TJ Maxx

Scarf~Walmart

Gray Sandals~Kohl’s

Some of these pieces of clothing may be exiting my closet for good. I’m trying to only keep the things I wear and I’m  making room for my Fall clothes.

Are you all ready for Fall? Do you get tired of your clothes at the end of each season like I do?

Beauty For the Heart~~God has been nudging me lately to make sure I’m nurturing my friendships. Both my online friends and my real life friends.

Friendship is a gift and it takes time to build strong friendships. But as women, we need them. We don’t need to be so busy in our daily lives that we neglect spending time with other women.

So this week take some time to call a friend, have lunch or send a note. You’ll be blessed!

Friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil-but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often-just to save it from drying out completely. -Pam Brown

Have a great day!

Linking to:

pleated poppy

• At 2012.08.22 08:19, Cheryl said:

Love the Zebra print shirt! I get tired of my clothes at the end of the seasons too! I usually wear my Rainbows year around though. Gotta love living in the South! :) Thanks for the motivation to get my closet cleaned and organized! Have a great day!

• At 2012.08.23 07:14, Cyndi Spivey said:

Organizing your closet is a great way to find clothes and create some new outfits. It’s also inexpensive!
      Have a great day!

• At 2012.08.22 08:20, Kim Jemmott said:

Hi Cyndi,I don’t have seasons in Barbados,but to avoid boredom I wear fall colors from September, and I love earth tones so that’s a plus.Our climate has changed enough that I can wear a light scarf at Xmas time.

• At 2012.08.23 07:13, Cyndi Spivey said:

I can’t imaging not having seasonal changes but in January when I’m freezing to death I’ll wish I was in Barbados. :-)

• At 2012.08.22 09:07, Stacey said:

I’m ready for fall also. You are smart to go back through your closet. I need to do the same thing. Seems that I buy things that I really love and then often end up not wearing them. Used to shop at Stein Mart years ago but now their clothes seem pretty out of style to me.

We just moved back to the Dallas area from Oklahoma. It’s a little warmer here year round so that will be a slight change. I’m excited though. :)

• At 2012.08.22 10:04, the domestic fringe said:

Cute outfits! Love the first one. It’s great when we find things in our closet. It’s like getting new clothes all over again. ;-)

~FringeGirl
          thedomesticfringe.com

• At 2012.08.22 10:31, Bobbi said:

Oh boy, YES, I do get tired of my clothes. I live in southern California so we don’t really have big season changes, but I’m always ready for the change.

• At 2012.08.22 14:48, Terri said:

Used to love SteinMart… (when their end of the season sales were on!! :) ) haven’t been in quite a while now though……. I am sooooo saving some of your posts….. you give me great ideas for “putting things together”!!!! I am a LOVER of scarves!!! We do get a just a “bit” of cold weather here in N. Florida… so you have to grab that cute jacket and boots when the opportunity presents itself!!! LOL… thank you Cyndi

• At 2012.08.23 07:07, Cyndi Spivey said:

Terri I sometimes forget that not everyone gets the cold weather. We were in north Florida last January for a week and I loved your weather!!
                Have a great day,

• At 2012.08.25 00:10, Susan said:

I’m in north Florida too AND love Stein Mart! It’s one of the few places that both my 20-something self and 50-something mom can shop. Love your blog!

• At 2012.08.22 14:53, Stefanie Brown (@stefanieybrown) said:

Adorable as usual! Love the outfits:)

• At 2012.08.22 23:13, Belynda Perry said:

Hi Cyndi: we are neighbors – I live in Louisville – so I have the same climate as you. Yes, I do get eager for fall to get here – I love the fall fashions with boots, jackets, etc. I always feel more put together and fashionable when I can make outfits, instead of just dressing to try to stay cool. Your outfits are all cute but my favorite is the zebra shirt. I have been working on “editing” my closet to only have pieces I love and that work for me. Now when I shop, it takes a lot for an item to make the cut and come home with me. The surprising thing is that now I really do seem to have more clothes because I “shop my closet” and have made some new outfits from pieces i already have. I am trying the less is more approach!

• At 2012.08.23 07:09, Cyndi Spivey said:

We are neighbors!!! I’ve been shopping my closet a lot lately mainly because my husband says I’ve been spending too much on clothes. :(
                    Thanks so much for stopping by!

• At 2012.08.22 23:25, Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said:

I’m so impressed, Cyndi! I LOVE your hair pulled back, BTW! I think you look younger with it like that :) You look amazing!

Becky B.
                    Organizing Made Fun

• At 2012.08.23 00:45, Debbie Dunbar said:

I’m ready for fall too! Especially the wardrobe changes and the cooler (not cold) weather! I’m not so ready for school to start since I’m a teacher, but it’s happening – ready or not. Love the thoughts about friendships. I just got together with a friend on Saturday. We hadn’t seen each other in four years. She lives a few hours away but not so far that we can’t get together. We already have plans for a Saturday in October. We refuse to let time slip by without time together again. :)

Debbie

• At 2012.08.23 07:10, Cyndi Spivey said:

Debbie our schools started two weeks ago!
                        So glad you are taking time for friendships. Time does go by so quickly.
                        Have a great day,

• At 2012.08.23 05:23, Allie Robbins said:

I had to laugh at your Stein Mart comment. I shop there (sometimes) mostly because it’s close to my house. But, every time I go in there, I hope nobody I know sees me. I always just feel so “old” going in there.

• At 2012.08.23 07:11, Cyndi Spivey said:

That’s so funny! I think that’s why I stopped shopping there, it just felt like a lot of older women stuff. Of course, I might fit that category! :-)
                          Have a great day!

• At 2012.08.23 08:36, Julie S. said:

Visiting from the Pleated Poppy- LOVE all of your outfits. Love that scarf, too- I have a scarf obsession!

• At 2012.09.27 22:23, Jill K said:

Your outfits are so cute. I need to be more put together. I am going to start visiting your site more. I really like your quote about friends!

• At 2013.01.10 22:52, Emily said: