3 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt

Good morning! Today I wanted to share 3 ways to wear a chambray shirt with you. I love my chambray shirt. I wrote about it in my post, 8 Basic Wardrobe Essentials That Every Woman Needs. It’s definitely a staple piece for me!

You can dress it up or dress it down. My first outfit is my chambray shirt with a skirt and blazer. I would probably wear this to church.

This outfit is my chambray shirt with jeans, boots and a scarf. Definitely a go-to outfit for me. This would be something I’d wear when I’m running errands or grocery shopping.

You can also wear the chambray shirt under another shirt or sweater. This is a striped shirt and I’ve added leopard print flats.

One shirt three ways. That’s why it’s great to have basic pieces that you can put together to create three different looks.

Do you have a chambray shirt? Does this type of post help you see how to wear a chambray shirt? I’d love to hear from you!

I love to chat on facebook, you can follow me on facebook here! Did you know you can get all my posts delivered right to your email? Subscribe here!

Linking to: The Better Mom, & Monday Mingle, Six Sisters’ Stuff

• At 2012.11.12 09:10, H&K Style Journey said:

Every woman should own a chambray shirt. You proved how versatile it can be. I wear mine more than anything in my closet. Heather

• At 2012.11.12 11:08, cyndi spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by Heather!!

• At 2012.11.12 09:20, Julie said:

I love my chambray shirt but never thought about pairing it with my dark jeans! I’m wearing it today!! YAY!

• At 2012.11.12 11:08, cyndi spivey said:

Sounds great Julie! Thanks for stopping by!

• At 2012.11.12 12:00, Joy said:

Hi Cyndi… I don’t own a chambray shirt but want one now! You paired it together sooo great! Love all 3 ways :) We are having verrrry cold weather right now— hard to believe. It’s not normal for us, as it’s only November. But we are bundled right up! Hope you have a blessed week! :)

• At 2012.11.12 20:43, Cyndi Spivey said:

I may be showing 3 ways to wear a turtleneck next week, it’s getting cold here too! :-)

• At 2012.11.12 12:05, Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said:

Great versions of the outfit. Love the 1st combination with the blazer the most.

Visiting from Monday Mingle.
            Daphne.

• At 2012.11.12 12:09, Gin said:

Love all three–especially that khaki scarf! Visiting from Better Mom Mondays

• At 2012.11.12 20:47, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks for stopping by Gin!

• At 2012.11.12 13:57, QuatroMama said:

I want to be like you when I grown up.

• At 2012.11.12 14:16, Gina said:

Hi Cyndi!

Thank you for the ideas on how to wear my chambray shirt! You look beautiful in all three, and I always love your creative flair. Hope you have an awesome day.

• At 2012.11.12 20:49, Cyndi Spivey said:

Thanks Gina! Can you help me get a beach body? :-)

• At 2012.11.12 14:55, Laura said:

Thank you for showing me how to wear a chambray shirt. I’ve heard many times that it should be a staple in ones wardrobe, but never knew how to wear it. So I never got one. Now I may go shopping for one or put it on my gift list.
                Loved all the outfits! May I ask where you got that cute skirt? And what color tights are you wearing with the skirt – navy or black? Never sure how to pair up navy with accessories. Thank you for such a helpful and encouraging blog!

• At 2012.11.12 20:52, Cyndi Spivey said:

Hi Laura! Thanks for stopping by! I got the skirt from JC Penney’s several years. My tights are black. If I was going to wear navy, I’d probably pair it with brown boots.
                  Hope that helps!

• At 2012.11.12 15:50, Marsha Isaacs said:

Love the chambray shirt, especially with the skirt. May I ask where you bought your shirt and also the skirt? The shirt looks so soft not stiff like some I have tried on. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!!

• At 2012.11.12 20:53, Cyndi Spivey said:

Hi Marsha!
                    I got the skirt from JC Penney’s a couple of years ago :( sorry! The chambray shirt I got at Old Navy and they might still have them. I hope that helps.
                    Thank you for stopping by!

• At 2012.11.12 17:20, Cindy Gilbert said:

I do not have a chambray shirt. I’ll keep my eyes opened for one. Your first outfit is my favorite. I love the skirt!

• At 2012.11.12 20:54, Cyndi Spivey said:

You should be able to find them easily Cindy. I’ve worn mine so much, I really need a new one! :-)

• At 2012.11.13 18:55, Casey said:

Loved the look of all 3 outfits. I’ve had a chambray short sleeve shirt that I wore with khaki, white or denim. I’m going to be on the look out for a long sleeved chambray shirt now. I have never owned many long sleeved shirts that weren’t knit because I have long arms and the sleeve length is always a problem. Maybe Eddie Bauer will have one in a tall size. Funny story about chambray: when my youngest son was in 5th grade he had a long sleeve Levi chambray shirt and he wore it over a white t-shirt and Levi jeans. That was his self imposed school uniform , he wore it everyday. So I had to wash it every night. That shirt held up beautifully!

• [...] 7. 3 Ways To Wear A Chambray Shirt [...]

• [...] snapping the pictures so we rarely get one together. I made my husband snap this one. We both wore chambray shirts and had them tied at the waist. We didn’t do this on purpose but great minds think [...]